Kasa Smart Switch Wall PLates

Tuesday
Tags: #wall plates
Model: Kasa HS200  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version:

Why do you guys not sell the screwless wall plates that come with your devices?  It makes it impossible to match wall plates unless we ditch the ones that come with your devices.  It seems like a no-brainer to sell them, you can charge more than a typical wall plate.  And we'll pay because we want it to match.  It's really frustrating that there's nowhere to buy the stuff YOU HAVE. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Switch Wall PLates
Tuesday

@JimmyDThing 

To be honest there would have to be a market for it for it to make sense to manufacture, and package the faceplates seperatly from the switches themselves.  The good news is that our swithes use Standard Decora formats so they should work with most generic Decora style faceplates, even once that require screws.  So i would just recommend finding the one you like and using that if you want all faceplates to match perfectly. 

Options
Yesterday

@Carl they don't match, though. Even a little. I've spent so much time and money trying so many of them. None are the same dimension and none look quite right and it's glaringly obvious on the wall. 

The kasa ones are larger in every dimension, including depth, and that makes a huge difference. I've bought so many trying to find one that matches or works well and can't find one. 

No other one sits correctly on it, no other one matches the look so either I have to have all of the kasa switches look not great to match everything else or they have to not match everything else. 

Options
Yesterday

@JimmyDThing 

Could you elaborate on what you mean by do not match?  Are you referring to the faceplate and switch toggle doesn't match?  

For the dimensions, the cutout for the toggle is, in most cases, a standard dimension. the outside dimesions do tend to be a bit deeper.  This is for a purpose though.  Most switch boxes, especially those that are in older homes, are not designed to house smart switches, which, in general, are larger. Especially if they are full of wires.  Newer homes have less of a problem with this, but in general, when using a 3rd party faceplate, you may have a small gap between the wall and the faceplate.  if the wires in the switch box can be placed in a way where the switch can be installed deeper in the switch box that will help with this concern

The best we can suggest is to take a face plate to a local hardware store and compare it to the ones they sell.  That would be the best way to find a match without spending any additonal time and money doing trial and error.  

Yes I do understand your feelings that it would just be easier for us to sell the faceplates separately, and I will inform the product team, but  to be honest the logistics just likely aren't there.  Still if they provide any updates I will be happy to share them. 

Options
Yesterday

@Carl I mean the plates you can buy do not match the ones that come with the switches.  And none of them fit well over top of them the way the plates that come with the switches do.   I have bought so many of these switches, I need 2 gang plates that match the rest of the plates but the only way to do that is to buy different plates for ALL of the switches, but none of the ones you can buy fit over them well.  They are not as deep.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 52

Replies: 4

Tags

wall plates
Related Articles