Issue linking Kasa to Google assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issue linking Kasa to Google assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Issue linking Kasa to Google assistant
2017-04-02 18:09:03
Same issue for me.
I've confirmed that my HS100 is set for Remote Access. When I add TP-Link in Google Home, I'm taken to the tp-link site to authorize, which I do.
Then it flashes to the Devices screen, Rooms, Screen, Then back to Devices. Nothing shows up. I get a little notification advising that authorization was successful.

I've logged in, out, rebooted, checked for updates... Stumped.
I'm attempting this on Android, BTW.
Options
2017-04-02 22:08:02
I am also having the same issue. I have two hs100 smart plugs and have not been successful with either of them. Both are set for remote access. I am also on Android (I have tried on multiple android phones and tablets) . I keep getting the message that authorization is successful but Google Home goes back to Add Device screen with list of products including tplink.
Options
2017-04-04 01:23:47
Update on above. I have two Google Homes linked to two different gmail accounts. I got my brother's iphone and was able to link tplink account to one of my gmail accounts. That Google Home can now control the smart plug via voice commands. For the other account I am still trying to authorize via android phone and am still stuck in the loop as mentioned above. So the issue seems to be with Google Home android app's integration with tplink. My advice would be to use iphone to link/authorize the accounts for now. On iphone it took me a minute to get this done whereas I have been struggling over last 3-4 days to get it linked via android phone.
Options
2017-04-17 08:33:44
I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a HS100 (US) with remote access enabled. Hardware version: 1.0, Firmware version: 1.1.0.
Options
2017-04-18 21:56:35
I was able to authorise on android phone by using chrome browser. My android phone previously had another browser set as default browser. I removed default browser in Settings-> Applications-> Internet. After that when I tried to authorise using Google Home, it asked me to choose a browser. I selected Chrome from the list of browsers installed on my phone and was then able to authorise without getting into the loop.
Options
Related Articles