KP200 in parallel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KP200 in parallel

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KP200 in parallel
KP200 in parallel
2022-02-04 02:12:44
Model: KP200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

@Carl or anyone with experience:

I bought one of these and successfully replaced one of our regular outlets. That outlet had 1 black wire, 1 neutral wire, and 1 ground wire.

I wanted to replace another outlet, so I purchased another KP200. I looks like almost all of the outlets in our house are in parallel. So this means 1 ground wire, 2 neutral wires, and 2 black wires. 

Is there a way to replace one of these outlets with the KP200? Could I put both black wires together into the line end of the KP200? Then put both neutral wires together into the neutral wire end of the KP200? Of course, the 1 ground wire would go into the ground end of the KP200. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:KP200 in parallel
2022-02-04 02:16:34

Actually, I think they must be in series. Parallel means 1 black, 1 neutral, and 1 ground. Series means 2 black, 2 neutral, and 1 ground. I think the correct term is that mine are in series...

Options
Re:KP200 in parallel
2022-02-08 11:30:40

@nedmiester 

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

We haven't encountered similar wiring of yours, but you can have a try to connect both black wires together into the line end of the KP200 and then put both neutral wires together into the neutral wire end of the KP200.

Or if you still have old device which is still attached to the outlet, you can check and refer to the original wiring. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 622

Replies: 2

Related Articles