Connect HS220 Switch to a circuit controlled by a GFCI Circuit Breaker

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-08 23:32:23 - last edited 2022-06-09 00:49:54
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

I have an underwater pool light that is on a dedicared circuit. Between the circuit breaker and the light is the Smart Switch that controls the light.  I had added a HS220 and it worked fine until I had a service panel upgrade and the electrician properly and to code added GFCI Circuit Breakers on all exterior circuits.  The problem is that because of the way the GFCI is wired, it now senses a fault and trips.

With the GFCI, the white (common) wire is connected to the GFCI instead of the common bar in the electric panel.  My connections are all 3 comon wires are together at the switch, the black hot from the break to the Line screw on the switch and the black wire from the light is connected to the load screw.  The green ground from the switch is connected to the grounds from the panel and light.

I've seen other similar posts but they seem to refer to situations where a GFCI Outlet is used, not a cirsuit breaker.  Any suggestions? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 0

Related Articles