Please help, neutral to ground

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 21:23:03
Model: Kasa HS220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello, i have a question about wiring on this dimmer switch and would appreciate any feedback.

My electrician merged the green and white wires from this switch and connect those 2 to what i think is the ground wire coming from the wall.

is this safe?  

I am reading that you cannot connect ground to neutral and i am extremely worried as these are wired in my kids room.

thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Please help, neutral to ground
2023-07-12 08:05:57 - last edited 2023-07-12 08:17:29

@Dsang888 

It's NOT Safe! This type of wiring for the switch can potentially result in electric leakage, posing a risk of electric shock when touching the switch panel.

To ensure safety, it is imperative to adhere strictly to the product's wiring requirements. You may refer to this video to reconnect the HS220. Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Light Switch Dimmer by TP-Link Setup Tutorial

*Note: Before installing the HS220 please remember that you will be working with your home’s electricity. This can be dangerous, so if you are not comfortable with basic electrical wiring do not attempt to install it. Contact a licensed electrician for assistance.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options