EP25 BAD firmware (1.0.13) update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-03 21:04:03
Model: EP25P4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Model is EP25 not EP25P4

Today, I update the firmware (1.0.13) on my 12 EP25 Smart Plugs.  This update cause all the "Schedule" times to be deleted.  When I went to add the events back, an 'error message' stated that my 'time was not synced'.  I am on iOS, using an iPhone 15 Pro MAX and an iPad Pro.  The LiveChat took 2+ hours coming up with the solution of deleting the app on both iOS devices and reinstalling.  Then I had to delete the Smart Plug and reinstall via a hard reboot (twice).  I also had to delete the Smart Plug on my "Home" application.  After the third hard reboot (holding the button down for 10+ seconds), I was finally able to add the device and Schedule times.  As most of us known, these Smart Plugs are not installed in easiest to work on electrical outlets.  

I am in firm belief that this trouble was caused by the software/firmware programmers not completely testing their output.

Please beware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 348

Replies: 0

Related Articles