Archer C6 Router frequently teardown and release and lose internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-16 13:43:56 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:12:05
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

The router frequently encounters teardown and release, and loses the internet.

My ISP is Hong Kong Boardband Network, and it is stable.

This happens every day.

Attached is the system log.

Would there be any solution to this? Thank you very much.

File:
syslog-2020-09-16.log.txtDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 Router frequently teardown and release and lose internet connection-Solution
2021-07-20 03:11:56 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:12:05

Hello, as we can confirm that the "Teardown and Release" issue should have been addressed already, and it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

Download link for the latest firmware:

Archer C6_V2: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c6/v2/#Firmware

If any of you still encounters the "Teardown and Release" issue, please confirm some basic information as below:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C6, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

2. Check and ensure the internet line or ISP modem is stable, bypassing the TP-Link router. Connect the PC directly to the ISP modem (or internet cable from wall), test and monitor the internet connectivity, ensure you have a stable connection. Check this guide for more suggestions: [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Router frequently teardown and release and lose internet connection
2020-09-16 15:43:53

@jimmylam0710 

Previously, I used default MAC address and encountered the issue.

I checked that my ISP remembers the MAC addresses, so I now try to clone current computer MAC address.

As my router has been connected to so many devices before, it remebered my mobile's MAC address which is random indeed, and the router picks this random MAC address.

It can connect the Internet like before, but don't know whether the problem is resolved.

It needs some more days to check.

See if I have luck on this.

Options
Re:Archer C6 Router frequently teardown and release and lose internet connection
2020-09-17 07:13:15 - last edited 2020-09-18 18:18:53

@jimmylam0710 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

It is suggested to clone the PC's MAC address, who can access the internet stably when connected to the ISP modem directly.

Please monitor the connection and let the community know is the issue persists or not.

Good days.

Options
2020-09-18 18:20:31
It doesn't work. Directly connected to a PC, it has network. However, even clone the PC MAC address, it doesn't get the connection now.
Options
Re:Archer C6 Router frequently teardown and release and lose internet connection-Solution
2021-07-20 03:11:56 - last edited 2021-07-20 03:12:05

Hello, as we can confirm that the "Teardown and Release" issue should have been addressed already, and it is suggested to upgrade your router firmware to the latest official version, then confirm.

Download link for the latest firmware:

Archer C6_V2: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c6/v2/#Firmware

If any of you still encounters the "Teardown and Release" issue, please confirm some basic information as below:

1. Who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C6, Dynamic IP or PPPoE?

2. Check and ensure the internet line or ISP modem is stable, bypassing the TP-Link router. Connect the PC directly to the ISP modem (or internet cable from wall), test and monitor the internet connectivity, ensure you have a stable connection. Check this guide for more suggestions: [Troubleshooting] Router Disconnects from Internet.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1779

Replies: 4

Related Articles