TP-Link P100 (4 Pack) - Cannot change Name / Location /

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 17:24:41 - last edited 2020-12-29 02:43:47
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20201127 Rel.60156

Hi,

I setup 2 plus so far, even though I set a name, add an icon, location during the setup process.   They switch to default settings when they are added, so they are both called "smart plug" and both set with the default icon and "Bedroom".

All these options are greyed out, with no arrow to allow me to change them.

The device says: "This Tapo device can only be controlled locally".   I am less bothered about controlling them locally (but I would like to set the names so I can see what they are).

If I click on the link, it says Error Code -1014.

Make sure your router has Internet Access (it does, this is how I am logging this).

Try changing your DNS to 8.8.8.8

My Router is a Sky router which does not allow changing the DNS settings as this would break Sky services.   There are some articles on line about changing the config file, but this is not supported by Sky, and again breaks other Sky services.

It would be better if your plug allowed manual settings for the DNS server (as other devices do).

Please advise how I can fix this issue.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link P100 (4 Pack) - Cannot change Name / Location / -Solution
2020-12-23 02:02:02 - last edited 2020-12-29 02:43:47

@nwillis 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

As for the Device name and icon issue, could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the model number and operating system about your smartphone?

2. How about the current Tapo APP version?

3. Can I have a picture that’ All these options are greyed out, with no arrow to allow me to change them’?

And for the local only, are you able to see the remote control option on the device setting?

--if yes, would there be any error message when trying to enable the remote control?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link P100 (4 Pack) - Cannot change Name / Location / -Solution
2020-12-23 02:02:02 - last edited 2020-12-29 02:43:47

@nwillis 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

As for the Device name and icon issue, could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the model number and operating system about your smartphone?

2. How about the current Tapo APP version?

3. Can I have a picture that’ All these options are greyed out, with no arrow to allow me to change them’?

And for the local only, are you able to see the remote control option on the device setting?

--if yes, would there be any error message when trying to enable the remote control?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 896

Replies: 1

Related Articles