Cannot connect/add satellite deco (wireless)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-26 11:47:42 - last edited 2021-08-30 09:36:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask if anyone can help me with the issue I'm facing with my M5. So I have 3 nodes and for 3 weeks they are working perfectly fine until one of the nodes got disconnected (pulsing red LED) so I reset it thru the button in the bottom part. 

Now, when I tried adding it again thru the app, it says that the deco cannot be found. Tried this multiple times plus troubleshooting steps found in the internet.

Tried uninstalling/installing the app and adding the nodes again to no avail (only 2 of the nodes were added)

Hope anybody here can help.

Thanks,

Levy

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect/add satellite deco (wireless)-Solution
2021-08-27 06:52:22 - last edited 2021-08-30 09:36:57

@Chainz01 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some suggestions for you:

1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the Deco’s network.

2. Please make sure the LED on the satellite Deco is blinking blue.

3. Put it next to the main Deco( Unplug the other satellite if possible) and confirm there is an open SSID on the Wi-Fi list, such as “Deco XXXX”.

4. Try again on the Deco APP

(There is a shared case by the end-user that some home security system would prevent Deco APP from finding the satellite Deco, such as Circle. and if there is any, please turn it off)

5. Connect it via Ethernet cable to the main Deco and test one more time on the Deco APP.

Please let me know whether it helped or not.

Thank you again.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot connect/add satellite deco (wireless)-Solution
2021-08-27 06:52:22 - last edited 2021-08-30 09:36:57

@Chainz01 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some suggestions for you:

1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the Deco’s network.

2. Please make sure the LED on the satellite Deco is blinking blue.

3. Put it next to the main Deco( Unplug the other satellite if possible) and confirm there is an open SSID on the Wi-Fi list, such as “Deco XXXX”.

4. Try again on the Deco APP

(There is a shared case by the end-user that some home security system would prevent Deco APP from finding the satellite Deco, such as Circle. and if there is any, please turn it off)

5. Connect it via Ethernet cable to the main Deco and test one more time on the Deco APP.

Please let me know whether it helped or not.

Thank you again.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot connect/add satellite deco (wireless)
2021-08-27 12:00:22

@TP-Link 

Hi,

How do perform steps 3 (SSID) to 4?

For step 5, tried connecting the problematic satellite Deco via ethernet cable to the main deco and it worked. But how do I connect/add it wireless?

thanks!

Options
2021-08-30 09:40:53

@Chainz01 

Hi, if the Ethernet connection works, please disconnect the cable directly and check whether it could switch to wireless backhaul automatically.

If it is, you could relocate this unit.

If not and the unit turns red and restarting did not help as well, there might be something wrong with the wireless module.

As for step 3 about the SSID, you could check it on the available Wi-Fi list of your smartphone.

Thank you very much,

Options
2021-08-30 11:10:26

@TP-Link 

thank you will try these.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 4

Related Articles