Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - [Closed on 23 May 2022]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - [Closed on 23 May 2022]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition)
2022-02-24 17:39:56

@btx 

Amen

Options
2022-02-24 17:50:08

@btx 

OMG... your neglegence to detail... who said anything about ProtonMail?! It's ProtonVPN.
You say they are in a "demo" state?! Hahahaha... this is why well known companies have been using them for long time, like InvizBox...
Tell me more "pro"... hahaha.
I leave you two insulting kids enjoy each other.

Options
2022-02-24 17:53:09

@DaSmith 

you leaving so soon and i here i was hoping you would eat the cookie as you promised

Options
2022-02-24 20:00:17

@DaSmith you must be hardcore woke genious who can not read, here for the idiots:

I had lol after you claimed protonvpn as leading big company :). As second, protonvpn is by far not a big company offering vpn services, they are in demo stage with their vpn services. All big brands offer since already almost 2 years and there are several solutions how different providers resolve ip storage in ram (as it is what you talk about).

For such a woke person one seems needs to remind you that you were talking about vpn and yes, protonvpn is still in demo phase, luckily I was their beta tester for vpn, I would have denied to help if I knew that it would raise such customers like you. Thanks for a pro, I never said anything about me, but nice that you recognized it ;)

Options
Re:Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - Updated on 28 February
2022-04-16 12:52:10 - last edited 2022-04-16 15:38:44

@Fae 

EAP660HD (EU) EAP620HDv1 (EU) has some issues,

I use PPSK and beta version in this thread since it is the only one that supports PPSK

The problem probably has nothing to do with EAP beta but since I use it I post it here.

I also use Omada Controller 5.2.4 on Ubuntu. also beta.

But this problem is nothing new and I do not think it has anything to do with beta, I have probably had these problems since EAP6xxx

1. Fast roam does not work right away. it is only when I have roamed a round that it works. it seems like EAP needs to learn the WiFI device first. before I have taken a round with device the device disconnect from the WiFi completely before it roams to the new EAP, When all EAPs know the device, it goes much easier with fast roam.
I have tried most settings that have to do with roam without it helping.

2. Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery does not work. If you take a power cycle on EAP, it works for a while but it stops working

3. WPA Authentication times out/failed, There is a lot of this.

4. WPA3, I have tried to connect with WPA3 but have not been able to do this yet.

5, Batch config missing up a lot of settings that should not be changed.

6. No Acknowledgement, if enabled nothing work.

Since Fast roam does not work so well, I have started to have problems with some devices that previously roamed well now hanging on EAP with weak signals.

Options
Re:Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - Updated on 28 February
2022-04-18 09:05:54

Dear @shberge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback. We appreciate it.

For the issues you reported, I'll comment below one by one.

shberge wrote

But this problem is nothing new and I do not think it has anything to do with beta, I have probably had these problems since EAP6xxx

1. Fast roam does not work right away. it is only when I have roamed a round that it works. it seems like EAP needs to learn the WiFI device first. before I have taken a round with device the device disconnect from the WiFi completely before it roams to the new EAP, When all EAPs know the device, it goes much easier with fast roam.
I have tried most settings that have to do with roam without it helping.

Here is a new article about Fast Roaming feature for your reference,

Getting To Know Fast Roaming (aka Seamless Roaming) of Omada EAP Products.

If you still have issues with the Fast Roaming, welcome to Start a New Thread with more detailed information so that we can discuss more and try to help you out.

2. Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery does not work. If you take a power cycle on EAP, it works for a while but it stops working

I noticed the feedback in the following post, and has reported it to the support engineer for further investigation.

Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery not working as it should?!

If there is anything new, I'll update in the post above.

3. WPA Authentication times out/failed, There is a lot of this.

Regarding WPA Authentication times out/failed issue, do you have any clients that are actually seeing issues?

If you would like to discuss it and try further troubleshooting, please Start a New Thread with more detailed information.

4. WPA3, I have tried to connect with WPA3 but have not been able to do this yet.

Ensure both EAP and wireless client support WPA3 firstly to enjoy Wi-Fi protected by WPA3.

If you have further trouble, welcome to Start a New Thread with more detailed information so we can discuss further and try to help.

5, Batch config missing up a lot of settings that should not be changed.

There is one feedback related to batch config on the community, see the post below, it's already been fixed in controller v5.1.7. 

Omada SDN 5.0.3 batch config BUG

If you find other new bugs, don't hesitate to Start a New Thread with as more details as you can to help us improve the Omada system.

6. No Acknowledgement, if enabled nothing work.

Enabling No Acknowledgement can bring more efficient throughput, but it may increase error rates in a noisy Radio Frequency (RF) environment. It's disabled by default and recommended leaving it disabled if the RF environment is not pretty good.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-19 17:21:05 - last edited 2022-04-25 09:41:29

@Fae 

I register that you have an explanation for all the points I have mentioned, but it does not help much. points 1-6 are still bugs and should be reported to those who develop, and it should also be fixed,

What I have mentioned should also be easy to reproduce if you want.

As I also mentioned, both controller and EAP are in beta so this is of course something that can be expected when you use beta and that it is already fixed in the official release.

if it ever comes? 

I think many would be happy if you could update EAP soon.

EDIT:

WPA3: it looks like this does not work with PPSK , but with WPA Personal WPA3 works.

EAP Batch Config: when enable or disable Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery VMM is also disabled on all EAP         

@Fae 

More EDIT:

I steel use beta so I post in this thread

Regarding roaming, to test a little more, I replaced all EAP6xxx with some very old Unifi AP-AC-M access point, same channel same encryption same location, with this setup it roams without problems.

Now I have a lot of complete disconnect when roaming with EAP6xxx , this applies to all units that I have tested with.
Sometimes I have to manually connect to the network again. and YES my device have fast roam,

PLS add this fast roam display in Omada to se device that is fast roam compatible. 

I hope roaming works when the new EAP firmware arrives sometime.

I want to use tp-link and not unifi so I hope you do effort to make this work. smiley

Options
2022-04-24 02:56:14

Dear @shberge,

shberge wrote

EDIT:

WPA3: it looks like this does not work with PPSK , but with WPA Personal WPA3 works.

EAP Batch Config: when enable or disable Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery VMM is also disabled on all EAP         

The WPA3 issue has been reported to the support engineer for further checking. 

The EAP Batch Config issue has been located, and it's planned to get fixed in Controller v5.4.

BTW, the EAP firmware adapted to controller v5.1 is on the release process now, it will take some time, please wait patiently.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-04-26 16:25:33

@Fae 

I have replaced EAP660 HD with EAP245, now roam between EAP620 HD, EAP245 and EAP225-Outdoor is without problems, it seems that the problem is EAP660 HD that miss up WiFi network for me.

But I do not want to leave TP-Link's most expensive access point on the shelf. so come up with a fix or maybe there is something wrong with it? 

there is steel a lot of WPA Authentication times out/failed but this is reduced with 75% or more.

Options
Re:Omada Controller_v5.1.6_Windows For Trial (Beta Edition) - [Closed on 23 May 2022]
2022-07-01 07:27:44

@Fae 

Is there any plan to update EAP620HDv1 soon? still beta only.

Options