Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:Mesh
2023-02-01 17:00:47
Thanks very much.. I already reply to RickJamesBish , maybe you can take a look please?
Options
2023-02-01 17:10:43

@d0ugmac1 

from what I did understood and remembered form yesterday evening when I tried , I was plugged something like this 

Options
2023-02-01 19:30:40

@speedygonzales 

Visual it is!

If you are powering your OC200 via POE, insert the POE injector between ETH2 and the POE port on the OC200 (I've shown it powered by a USB wall adapter)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-02 12:34:43 - last edited 2023-02-02 12:48:55

@speedygonzales It really cannot get anymore simple than this. Persoanally if all I was doing is two access points, I would try to find another alternative over TPlink Mesh. Also your diagram showed a blue wire on ETH2 of the Router. I removed it to show how you need to configure. If you do not have enough ports for your devices you will need to add a switch to add more ports. 

Once you have this all wired and the OC200 powered up, you can check your Modem/Routers Client list and see what IP address was assigned the OC200. You can then enter that IP address in your browser to access it. Alternately you can download the Omada App to your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the same network as the OC200, and add the OC200 to the Omada App.

Options
2023-02-02 16:20:23

@RickJamesBish 

Thanks very much , you are really clear , no problem , BUT I still don't understand why I should need the OC200 if I plug the first antenna (AP) directly in the router.. 

When I did that the first time , the AP one was working perfectly, I had the antenna menu etc...

it's the second one that once unplugged from the router, was not communicating with the first one....

in the antenna menu, I really do not know where to go to put the first one as a mesh.... 

here is my originally project...

maybe I was not clear in my first question ..... 🥴

Options
2023-02-03 02:50:15

@speedygonzales 

It has to do with the way an 'isolated' AP is discovered by a wired AP.  Without the controller, the wired AP isn't smart enough to establish the mesh by itself, instead it forwards the discovery packets coming in from the remote/isolated AP to the controller.  The controller will assist the remote AP in establishing the 'hidden' mesh connection between the two APs.

I admit, it would have been super smart for TPLINK to create 'mini mesh' capability within the outdoor APs themselves (so point to point link, no self-healing, no optimization, but able to auto-establish a point to point link)...but they didn't.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-03 11:28:34 - last edited 2023-02-03 11:30:01

@speedygonzales as d0ugmac1 pointed out, the controller is what configures the MESH and is required.

I personally feel that for just 2 access points, I would return the equipment and look for something that will better fit your needs. Your configuration is the most basic form of MESH and realistically the controller is just allowing you to create and keep the MESH. A feature like Auto Failover will do nothing for a MESH that has 1 root and 1 remote AP and I doubt you will need distribution of many clients, which I found does not work well anyway.

Options
2023-02-03 12:58:55

@RickJamesBish 

thanks very much for your help..

this what I finally decided... 

i will try to find something easier and functional for me..

have a nice day 

Options
2023-02-03 12:59:53

@d0ugmac1 

thanks very much for your help

i am returning the equipment and will try to find something easier for me and my need

have a nice day 

Options

Tags

Related Articles