What if the Download or Upload Speed of TX401 is slow?

2023-02-17 10:04:32 - last edited 2023-10-17 09:04:35
Model: TX401  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This Article applied to:

TX401

Problem Description:

After installing TX401 on the Windows computer, you may notice the internet speed, especially the upload speed is pretty slow, sometimes less than 1m/s.

Available Solutions:

• Try to install the following driver for TX401:

Marvell AQtion Windows 64-bit Driver Version 3.1.7

• (Optional) If the driver, unfortunately, does not help, please go to the Device Manager, then find the TX401 under "Network Adapters", select "Properties" and go to the"Advanced" tab. Disable "Recv Segment Coalescing(IPv4)" and "Large Send Offload(IPv4)".

For other speed issues with TX401, it's suggested to go through How to improve the speed of TP-Link wireless adapters.

Options
5 Reply
Re:What if the Download or Upload Speed of TX401 is slow?
2023-05-19 05:13:22

If you're experiencing slow download or upload speeds with your TX401 device, there are several potential factors that could be causing the issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow:

Check your internet connection: Make sure your internet service is functioning properly. Test the speed on other devices to determine if the issue is specific to the TX401 or your overall network.

Positioning of the device: Ensure that the TX401 is placed in an area with a strong and stable Wi-Fi signal. Walls, obstructions, or distance from the router can affect the signal strength.

Restart the TX401 and the router: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues. Turn off both the TX401 and your router, wait for a few seconds, and then turn them back on. This can help refresh the network connection.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Options
2023-09-20 18:25:39 - last edited 2023-09-20 18:27:01

I have several IP cameras running with wired LAN connections via a switch to a router.
For an additional IP camera in my backyard I am not able to route a LAN cable, however my IP camera has only a wired LAN connection.
So I tried to connect this camera via a TL-WR802N in client mode to my network, trying to make a WiFi bridge to my router, but I cannot get it working.
Is it at all possible to use the client mode in this way?

Options
2023-11-18 10:50:54 - last edited 2023-11-18 10:51:53

@David-TP Before finding this thread I was getting inconsistent downlink speeds. I thought for a long time it was my ISP, but it wasn't.

Installing the latest driver either from TP-Link (3.1.6) or the Marwell driver 3.1.7 works fine, and I get speeds of up to 7.7Gbit/s. HOWEVER, every time I reboot, I'm back to around 2Gigabit downlink. Uplink is stable and has been all the time at between 6.4-7.4.

If I run the Marwell installer, which then does a repair, it works fine again...

What is going on??

I have disabled both Recv Segment Coalescing(IPv4)" and "Large Send Offload(IPv4)", although I can't say I could notice a difference actually. Either I get really good speed, or I don't, and have to repair the driver, every boot... crying

Nothing in the device settings changes upon reboot, at least not anything is visible to me. 

Options
2023-12-01 13:53:55

I suppose there is no solution to this? And I guess the product is so old that there are no new drivers coming out as well?? Time to move on to a different card from a different manufacturer?

Options
2023-12-05 19:24:25

Remember to create a system restore point before making significant changes to your system, so you can easily revert if needed. Additionally, if you're not comfortable with any of these steps, consider seeking assistance from a knowledgeable friend or a professional.

Keep in mind that specific solutions may vary depending on your system configuration and the exact nature of the issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2581

Replies: 5

Related Articles