Way to prevent Clients to use Wireguard Tunnel

Way to prevent Clients to use Wireguard Tunnel

13 Reply
Re:Way to prevent Clients to use Wireguard Tunnel
2024-01-22 20:28:26

I have same or similar problem. 

On the client side I need to set 0.0.0.0/0 as allowed IP addresses so that all traffinc goes through the tunnel.

However, on the Server side (Omada gateway) I am not able to create any rule that would block WG Client to access all LANs and VLANs (complete internal network).

I need to have one client have access only to internet and one specific VLAN and nothing else. Is this possible? Or do we need to wait for the ER605 updated firmware?

Options
2024-02-05 13:09:59

@Clive_A 

Any update to WireGuard with Policy Routing? Q1 is in full swing and we haven't heard anything on this for any beta releases etc.

This is a long requested essential feature and would elevate the WireGuard VPN feature from workable to useful.

Options
2024-02-06 00:58:46

Hi @s42p 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

s42p wrote

@Clive_A 

Any update to WireGuard with Policy Routing? Q1 is in full swing and we haven't heard anything on this for any beta releases etc.

This is a long requested essential feature and would elevate the WireGuard VPN feature from workable to useful.

Don't rush it. That's only an estimation and it may be delayed or advanced like the statement writes. It is a timeframe provided by the team with a schedule check but it is not final or definite.

And there are still about 50 days left this quarter.

And if you feel it is a "long" request, you may visit the request sector where there are tons of feature requests. There is a priority in the eyes of the PM and dev team. What you think is the most important may not match the priority of the team. Please be patient.

About this specific request, I have not heard anything so far and I'll update the beta or official firmware as soon as I am notified.

Think I will add a more detailed disclaimer to any statement I make in the future.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Related Articles