ER7206 V1_1.4.0_Build 20230828 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 5th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER7206 V1_1.4.0_Build 20230828 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 5th, 2023)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 10:14:10 - last edited 2023-12-06 09:14:18

This Article Applies to

ER7206 V1 / V1.6_1.4.0_Build 20230828 (Beta)

Overview

We hope to offer you with a chance to experience the new features added in the Controller v5.12 in advance, and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release. All feedback is welcome, including lettings us know about successful upgrades.

Release Notes

New Feature/Enhancement

1. Add ACL support for IPv6 data.

2. Add support for IPv6 RA (Router Advertisement) configuration for LAN.

3. Add support for configuring multiple IP addresses on the WAN port.

4. Add support for monitoring session limits in controller mode.

5. Add support for configuring the MSS (Maximum Segment Size) of WAN port.

6. Add support for Gateway Tools in Controller mode.

• Ping.
  • Traceroute.
  • Terminal.

7. Add support for the ability to download device info of Gateway in Controller mode.

8. Add support for Location Group in Gateway ACL.

9. Add support for allow list of MAC filtering in Controller mode.

10. Add support for tagging same VLAN ID on different WAN port.

11. Increased security of communication between Gateway and Controller.

12. Add support for DNS cache, which can improve domain name resolution speed by handling recent address resolutions locally before sending request to Internet .

13. Add support for DH 14 and DH 15 for PFS.

14. Add support for 0.0.0.0/0 IP range of local network when using IPsec IKEv2 for Client-to Site VPN.

15. Add support for DDNS custom intervals (1~60 minutes).

16. Add support for link-local addresses or unique local addresses of IPv6 DNS on the LAN side.

17. Log Enhancements.

• Show the source IP address of TCP no-Flag /ping of death attacks.
  • Show the log of link backup switching.
  • Show the log of DDNS update.
  • Logs can be saved when the device is down. You need to short press the reset button within 5s, and after releasing the reset button, the sys light will be on for 3 seconds to indicate that the downtime log is saved successfully.

18. Add support for Intrusion Detection/Prevention

19. Add support for Deep Packet Inspection in Standalone mode. 

20. Add support for enable/disable Flow Control in Controller mode.

21. Add support to modify the rate and duplex of the Ethernet port in Controller mode. 

Bug Fixed

1. Fix the bug that ICMP type 13 packets cannot be intercepted
2. Fix the bug that VPN Client cannot access the other side through IPsec when the device act as a PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Server and also establishes IPsec VPN with other devices.
3. Fix the bug that VPN client cannot proxy Internet access when VPN IP Pool and LAN IP are in the same network segment.
4. Fix the bug of CPU abnormality caused by enabling more VLAN Interface.
5. Fix the bug of high latency in ISP Load in Controller mode.
6. Fix the bug of frequent reconnection with Omada Controller.
7. Fix the bug that the VLAN configuration of IPTV is affected by the VLAN configuration of WAN port in Controller mode.
8. Fix the bug that the device does not support proxy internet access as Wireguard VPN client.
9. Fix the bug that Port Forwarding does not take effect under multiple WAN ports.
10. Fix the bug that the port status display is abnormal in Controller mode.
11. Fix bugs related to OpenVPN:

• OpenVPN clients cannot proxy Internet access through the device.
  • OpenVPN IPpool cannot be configured.
  • When the device is used as an OpenVPN Server and the option is Split mode, OpenVPN clients cannot access the Internet normally.
  • Remote IP error displayed in the OpenVPN Tunnel interface when the device connects successfully as an OpenVPN Client.
  • When the device acts as an OpenVPN Client, OpenVPN fails to start when there are unsupported fields in the OVPN file.

12. Fix the bug that cloud access could not connect successfully when PPPoE dialup was performed on the WAN port.
13. Fix the bug that after the device connects to the Server as a WireGuard VPN Client, the peer cannot access the device via WireGuard Interface IP.

Firmware Download

Before the Upgrade

(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!

(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada EAP devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways

Firmware Download Link

ER7206 V1_1.4.0_Build 20230828 (Beta)

Notes:

(1) The above firmware is applied to ER7206 V1 and V1.60.

The official firmware 1.3.0 Build 20230322 is the prerequisite firmware before upgrading to 1.4.0 Build 20230828 beta.

(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.

(3) The new features added in the above firmware requires to upgrade the Omada SDN Controller 5.12, which has been released for early access here.

Additional Information

All feedback is welcome, including lettings us know about successful device upgrades.

If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the ER7206 Router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:

• Omada Controller version 
  • Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)

If your ER7206 Router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to  recover the firmware.

How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways

Update Log

Nov 20th, 2023:

Update the format and the incorrect description in the release note.

Nov 16th, 2023:

Update the note.

Sep 5th, 2023:

Post the ER7206 V1 / V1.6_1.4.0_Build 20230828 (Beta) firmware for early access.

Recommended Threads

Get the Latest Firmware Releases for Omada Routers Here - Subscribe for Updates

Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here - Subscribe for Updates

Experience the Latest Omada EAP Firmware - Trial Available Here, Subscribe for Updates!

Current Available Solutions to Omada Router Related Issues [Actively Updated, Post for Subscription]

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
23 Reply
Re:ER7206 V1_1.4.0_Build 20230828 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 5th, 2023)
2023-09-14 10:31:20 - last edited 2023-09-14 10:34:18

@Fae 

Dear Community,

I try to upload the latest Beta router firmware to my ER7206 due to the fact that I need to be able to enter a VLAN ID once my new fiber connection becomes active (attached to the SFP WAN port),

My system uses a OC200 HW controller, an ER7206 and three TL-SG2008P switches, all on the latest official firmware.

In the controller window -> Devices -> ER7206 -> Manage Device -> Custom Upgrade -> Browse -> 'New Beta Firmware file.bin' after 7% completion I get the message 'Failed to upload the firmware'

When I use the latest official Firmware.bin, the file is uploaded and I can press the Upgrade button.

What could be the cause? Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help!

JackVe

Options
Re:ER7206 V1_1.4.0_Build 20230828 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 5th, 2023)
2023-09-15 07:57:22

Hi @JackVe 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Try a different browser or use incognito mode. Try it again.

If it is still stuck at 7%, what's the controller version of your OC200? Would appreciate it if you can provide a screenshot.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-17 14:26:49

Standalone mode. The DNS proxy server on the router does not always automatically convert the DNS names of hosts that are located behind the VPN in the L2TP client (NAT) mode in the corporate network with their ADS domain DNS servers. Disabling the DNS proxy on the router does not help. A temporary solution at the moment is to manually specify DNS servers on the local computer to the DNS client as the default DNS server for the corporate domain of the ADS local network.

Options
2023-09-18 07:33:27

Dear Community,

Thank you for the quick replies and tips.

The issue is solved!

I updated the OC200 firmware to the latest Beta one and  than I could also update my Router/Firewall,

I now have the possibility to adjust the VLAN for my SFP WAN connection, so issue solved for me!

Regards,

JackVe

Options
2023-09-18 18:26:40

@Fae Is there some setting to allow DNS through OpenVPN?  Hostname resolution seems to work fine on our L2TP and PPTP VPNs but not OpenVPN.

Thanks!

Options
2023-09-19 01:42:49

Hi @Rolis 

Can you provide the network diagram of yours?

How did you configure the network and how did you verify the problem? Would like to know the way to replicate this.

About your temporary solution, can you point out the DNS server you mean? Pictures would be appreciated.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-19 01:45:01

Hi @Aveamantium 

Aveamantium wrote

@Fae Is there some setting to allow DNS through OpenVPN?  Hostname resolution seems to work fine on our L2TP and PPTP VPNs but not OpenVPN.

Thanks!

@ me for the questions you have.

Have you set up this?
For the issue you described, please provide the methodology of your test. Would be great if you can Wireshark and provide the network diagram as helpful evidence.

Options
2023-09-19 02:00:35 - last edited 2023-09-19 02:04:16

@Fae Thank you for the assistance...!  I'm not using Omada for this setup (in stand alone mode).  I have the DNS set to the router's IP as shown below.  I've also tried setting the IP pool in the same subnet as the router and it doesn't seem to matter.  

Options
2023-09-19 07:57:36

Hi @Aveamantium

Aveamantium wrote

@Fae Thank you for the assistance...!  I'm not using Omada for this setup (in stand alone mode).  I have the DNS set to the router's IP as shown below.  I've also tried setting the IP pool in the same subnet as the router and it doesn't seem to matter.  

I don't understand what you said. If you have set the pool to be the same subnet as the router's LAN, then your DNS should be the same as the 10.0.0.1.

You are setting up the VPN server but where does this 192.168.1.1 come from?

Like I said earlier, I expect to have a diagram and details of your issue and how you test it out. Or I am now simply thinking it might be your misconfiguration which leads to a problem. This might be a false alarm.

Options
2023-09-19 15:06:09 - last edited 2023-09-19 15:14:23

Hi @Clive_A My LANs subnet is 192.168.1.1/24. 

I've tried both having the OpenDNS IP pool as 192.168.1.1/27 (can't overlap the IP pool that I've assigned to the L2TP or PPTP VPNs that I'm running) and 10.0.0.1/24 (as shown in the figure above) and neither can resolve host names on the 192.168.1.1/24 LAN.  Not a big deal as I only have one user using this type of VPN (he is struggling with the others being on Starlink).  For the time being he is just using IPs of the destination network as opposed to hostnames.  Was just curious if I was missing something...

Options