Early Access ER7206 V1_1.4.0_Build 20230828 Beta Firmware for Omada Controller v5.12 (Released on Sep 5th, 2023)
This Article Applies to
ER7206 V1 / V1.6_1.4.0_Build 20230828 (Beta)
- Fully adapted to Omada SDN Controller 5.12.
We hope to offer you with a chance to experience the new features added in the Controller v5.12 in advance, and also give us TP-Link the opportunity to fully test the firmware in your real network environment and scenarios before the official release. All feedback is welcome, including lettings us know about successful upgrades.
1. Add ACL support for IPv6 data.
2. Add support for IPv6 RA (Router Advertisement) configuration for LAN.
3. Add support for configuring multiple IP addresses on the WAN port.
4. Add support for monitoring session limits in controller mode.
5. Add support for configuring the MSS (Maximum Segment Size) of WAN port.
6. Add support for Gateway Tools in Controller mode.
7. Add support for the ability to download device info of Gateway in Controller mode.
8. Add support for Location Group in Gateway ACL.
9. Add support for allow list of MAC filtering in Controller mode.
10. Add support for tagging same VLAN ID on different WAN port.
11. Increased security of communication between Gateway and Controller.
12. Add support for DNS cache, which can improve domain name resolution speed by handling recent address resolutions locally before sending request to Internet .
13. Add support for DH 14 and DH 15 for PFS.
14. Add support for 0.0.0.0/0 IP range of local network when using IPsec IKEv2 for Client-to Site VPN.
15. Add support for DDNS custom intervals (1~60 minutes).
16. Add support for link-local addresses or unique local addresses of IPv6 DNS on the LAN side.
17. Log Enhancements.
- Show the source IP address of TCP no-Flag /ping of death attacks.
- Show the log of link backup switching.
- Show the log of DDNS update.
- Logs can be saved when the device is down. You need to short press the reset button within 5s, and after releasing the reset button, the sys light will be on for 3 seconds to indicate that the downtime log is saved successfully.
18. Add support for Intrusion Detection/Prevention
19. Add support for Deep Packet Inspection in Standalone mode.
20. Add support for enable/disable Flow Control in Controller mode.
21. Add support to modify the rate and duplex of the Ethernet port in Controller mode.
1. Fix the bug that ICMP type 13 packets cannot be intercepted
2. Fix the bug that VPN Client cannot access the other side through IPsec when the device act as a PPTP/L2TP/OpenVPN Server and also establishes IPsec VPN with other devices.
3. Fix the bug that VPN client cannot proxy Internet access when VPN IP Pool and LAN IP are in the same network segment.
4. Fix the bug of CPU abnormality caused by enabling more VLAN Interface.
5. Fix the bug of high latency in ISP Load in Controller mode.
6. Fix the bug of frequent reconnection with Omada Controller.
7. Fix the bug that the VLAN configuration of IPTV is affected by the VLAN configuration of WAN port in Controller mode.
8. Fix the bug that the device does not support proxy internet access as Wireguard VPN client.
9. Fix the bug that Port Forwarding does not take effect under multiple WAN ports.
10. Fix the bug that the port status display is abnormal in Controller mode.
11. Fix bugs related to OpenVPN:
- OpenVPN clients cannot proxy Internet access through the device.
- OpenVPN IPpool cannot be configured.
- When the device is used as an OpenVPN Server and the option is Split mode, OpenVPN clients cannot access the Internet normally.
- Remote IP error displayed in the OpenVPN Tunnel interface when the device connects successfully as an OpenVPN Client.
- When the device acts as an OpenVPN Client, OpenVPN fails to start when there are unsupported fields in the OVPN file.
12. Fix the bug that cloud access could not connect successfully when PPPoE dialup was performed on the WAN port.
13. Fix the bug that after the device connects to the Server as a WireGuard VPN Client, the peer cannot access the device via WireGuard Interface IP.
Before the Upgrade
(1) Please be sure you have read the Beta Test Agreement before upgrading the Beta firmware!
(2) You may follow the following guide to upgrade your Omada EAP devices. How to Upgrade/Downgrade Omada Gateways
Firmware Download Link
(1) The above firmware is applied to ER7206 V1 and V1.60.
The official firmware 1.3.0 Build 20230322 is the prerequisite firmware before upgrading to 1.4.0 Build 20230828 beta.
(2) Your device’s configuration won’t be lost after upgrading.
All feedback is welcome, including lettings us know about successful device upgrades.
If somehow you encounter an issue during or after the ER7206 Router upgrade, it's suggested to contact us with the following info:
- Omada Controller version
- Device Firmware version with Build number (previous and current)
If your ER7206 Router gets bricked during the firmware upgrade, you may follow the guide below to recover the firmware.
Nov 20th, 2023:
Update the format and the incorrect description in the release note.
Nov 16th, 2023:
Update the note.
Sep 5th, 2023:
Post the ER7206 V1 / V1.6_1.4.0_Build 20230828 (Beta) firmware for early access.