Deco M4 and ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 and ONT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 and ONT
Deco M4 and ONT
2023-10-16 18:45:17 - last edited 2023-10-17 15:34:14
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.8

Hi I've recently had Youfibre broadband installed which comes with an ONT on the wall and an Eero 6 plus router plugged in to it. I was under the impression I could omit the Eero router and plug my Deco M4 straight in to the ONT. I have tried this but all I get is a red light on the Deco. I have unplugged everything but to no avail. I have tried my PC plugged directly into the ONT and I can connect to the internet but if I try the same with my Xbox series X it won't connect so I'm a bit confused by that. Is there anything I need to be doing with the Deco to get this working?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M4 and ONT-Solution
2023-10-17 06:50:50 - last edited 2023-10-17 15:34:14

@Joshan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to have a look at this link:

Unable to connect to the Internet

It is very likely that you might need to clone the MAC address of the PC on Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and ONT-Solution
2023-10-17 06:50:50 - last edited 2023-10-17 15:34:14

@Joshan 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It is suggested to have a look at this link:

Unable to connect to the Internet

It is very likely that you might need to clone the MAC address of the PC on Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco M4 and ONT
2023-10-17 09:04:33

@David-TP thanks for the reply David. Spoke to Youfibre and it looks like they will supply me with the MAC address. Is it just a case of entering that through the Deco app and then plugging the Deco into the ONT or do I have to reset all the Decos and start from scratch?

Options
Re:Deco M4 and ONT
2023-10-17 15:35:22

@David-TP All sorted David. The Mac clone worked a treat. Thanks for your help 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 386

Replies: 3

Related Articles