Connection/SSID loss on satelite AP's

2023-11-12 23:06:56
Tags: #Connection loss
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: V4

We use 4 Deco M4 AP's and for some weekse we suffer connection/SSID loss on the satellite AP's. All AP's are installeren with up to date firmware version. On all floor levels an AP is placed and I switches off the mesh functionaliteit. This, for reason that the top floormanager was connected to the base floormanager with a very weak signal instead of using the 2 AP's in between. The currect situationeel is: main AP/livingroom is connected with the hall, with is conndcted to the 1st floormanager. The1st floormanager is connected to the attic. The Deco is configured as Access point including fast roaming. My SSID Wifi#31 is in use for 2.4 and 5Ghz band. The base/main AP offers a stable connection up to 250/50Mb speed. The led on all AP's are constant white, and still the connection is frequentie lost (multiple times within a couple of minuten on Android and iOS devices). The SSID name is gone. Sometime the decive trys to connect to other AP's and even that connection is constant failing. The base/main AP is a v2. The others are v4. I only use IP 4.

How to solve this issues as it is all configured accourding the TP Link/Ziggo (provider) mamual/instructions. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection/SSID loss on satelite AP's
2023-11-17 08:17:09

@DennisRP 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Can I have some screenshots of the network map and signal source strength on the Deco APP, such as:

The firmware of Deco M4_V4_1.1.1 supports customizing the connection preference. You could refer to this link to manually change the signal source if it hasn't connected to the nearest Deco.

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

It is also suggested to separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz to check whether only a certain band had the problem:

• Set the main network to 2.4GHz only.
  • Enable the Guest network for 5Ghz only with another SSID

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 1

Tags

Connection loss
Related Articles