Intermittent loss of satellite connections x20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 06:46:21 - last edited 2022-05-18 02:30:12
Model: Deco X20-DSL  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220401 Rel: 63997

Hello,

I replaced my Sky hub with a Deco x20-DSL (V1, 1.0.4 Build 20210807 Rel: 46250), which seems to be working well. However, I have 2 x20 satellites that intermittently lose the connection (flashing red light) and therefore internet access. The dsl does not seem to lose connection to the internet, the satellites are losing the connection to the main deco.

I run scans regularly to try to prevent signal interference. I've tried using the MAC Clone with the Sky hub's address in it. I've reset both x20's a few times. I've also reset the dsl. I've even tried ethernet backhaul, only to find they don't appear to like powerline adapters and I'm not in a position to run cables.

I peviously had M4's connected to the Sky hub, as wifi router not AP, but want to leave Sky and possibly get FTTP while still having full coverage in the house (if possible). The x20's are all in the exact same positions the M4's were in, but the M4's never lost connection, they were really stable. Could this be an ISP issue?

Any ideas on what I can try next  to resolve thsi issue?

My wife is still working from home quite often, and my children are on study leave and they all need a stable connection for zoom, google teams, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bill

PS

I'm in the Deco section and I have to choose a Model to submit this, but no deco's are showing! They're all modem/routers!? So ignore the AC50, it's a Deco x20-dsl connected to Sky havign problems with 2 Deco x20 satellites.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent loss of satellite connections x20
2022-05-18 02:40:30 - last edited 2022-05-18 02:40:49

@Bill-K. 

Welcome to the community.

May I know how often satellite Deco X20*2 would turn to red?

Here is a beta firmware(see private message) for Deco X20 and please try to install this beta to check whether it could improve the stability or not.

By the way, if you still keep M4, Could you please help me run a simple test:

1. Still keep Deco X20-DSL as the main Deco.

2. add these 2*M4s as satellite Decos to Deco X20-DSL, instead of Deco X20.

3. check whether 2*M4s would work well.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Re:Intermittent loss of satellite connections x20
2022-05-18 10:55:05

@David-TP 

David,

Thank you for your reply.

It happens at various times throughout the day. For example, this morning it happened twice between 6 and 6:30. Both times I noticed in the app that the satellites had lost connection to the main deco, and a quick check showed a flashing red light.

It always resolve itself, usually within 2 minutes the lights are solid green again.

It didn't happen again before I left for work at 8, but I've no doubt I'll hear from my wife how she had to move to the sitting room to get a stable signal.

I'll try the M4's first and let you know how they did before trying the firmware.

Thanks for your help,

Bill

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 489

Replies: 2

Related Articles