Manually deleting video from SD card

2023-12-20 20:59:47 - last edited 2023-12-22 11:45:44
Tags: #microSD card
Model: TC85  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.13

Just set up  TC85 cameras and have them successfully recording events to the SD card.  Is there a way to manually delete unwanted videos from the card using the App?  Or does the until keep recording/storing files until full, then begins to overwrite the oldest one first without any way to do manual cleanup?

TIA

Phil

Options
12 Reply
Re:Manually deleting video from SD card
2023-12-22 06:18:59 - last edited 2023-12-22 11:44:07

@Phil-TC85 

Hi, 
Currently, the Tapo camera does not have the feature to delete the video recordings from the SD card manually via the Tapo app, and if the Loop Recording feature on the microSD card page is turned on, the new recordings will overwrite the oldest one when storage is not enough. If you need to delete the video recordings before the SD card is full, you can remove the SD card from the camera, connect it to a PC via an SD card adapter, and then delete the video recordings on the PC.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-22 11:07:08 - last edited 2023-12-22 11:44:08

@Solla-topee 

Appreciate the excellent explanation.

I have loop recording on.

Could sd card mangaged be put in for consideration as a new feature for the app?

Thanks.

Options
2023-12-22 11:43:18 - last edited 2023-12-22 11:44:08

@Phil-TC85 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:Manually deleting video from SD card
2023-12-30 22:48:32
There are many unnecessary recordings so it would be helpful to be able to delete them
Options
3 weeks ago
I, too, would very much appreciate the possibility of deleting specific recordings from the SD card via the app.
Options
3 weeks ago
Hi Guys its 2024!!! Why are you not allowing the user to select all video to delete or select individual video's to delete why must we format the memory card to delete. The camera is mounted so high , now i must get ladder everytime to get the memory card out. This is a big inconvenience please update
Options
2 weeks ago
I would really like to be able to select specific videos, pictures to delete off the sd card from the Tapo app (just like how I can for the cloud recordings). I am shocked and disappointed that this isn’t already a feature. to remove the card and do that via a computer is annoying….and not possible when traveling. I get that I could enable loop and periodically download older footage that might be needed in order to make space, but that is clunky.
Options
2 weeks ago
I too would like to delete old recordings
Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi. I am also in favor of updating tapo and being able to delete selected recordings via the application. For a few days now I have had two Tapo C310 cameras, which are 800 km away from me, so such a function would be extremely useful for me. My English is not very good, so I use a translator. I hope everything translated well. Regards, SJPW

Options
a week ago
Definitely keen on this functionality as I live 600km from the camera. Removing the SD for manual deletion on a PC is not possible.
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 989

Replies: 12

Voters 11

+ 7 Voters

Tags

microSD card