How to limit access from public internet to my home private internal network

2024-02-02 05:33:58 - last edited 2024-02-07 10:59:18
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

Hi there,

I have a Telstra smart modem 2 and would like to limit who can access my TP-Link camera, ideally by the mac address of my mobile phone.

Does anyone know the firewall rule that will add further protection to my internal network, please?

I know it can be done but I am not a router engineer.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to limit access from public internet to my home private internal network -Solution
2024-02-04 06:24:44 - last edited 2024-02-07 10:59:18

@IAMCARLP 

Hi,
On the Tapo app, you can enable the 2FA feature to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access. With Two-Step verification enabled, a new device that signs into the app with your TP-Link account information will be asked to enter a time-sensitive verification code. Below are the detailed instructions.
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to limit access from public internet to my home private internal network -Solution
2024-02-04 06:24:44 - last edited 2024-02-07 10:59:18

@IAMCARLP 

Hi,
On the Tapo app, you can enable the 2FA feature to protect your account and prevent unauthorized access. With Two-Step verification enabled, a new device that signs into the app with your TP-Link account information will be asked to enter a time-sensitive verification code. Below are the detailed instructions.
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 1

Related Articles