Cannot (re)create Pano (beta)

2024-03-12 18:28:19 - last edited 2024-03-14 07:20:37
Model: Tapo C520WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

I had previously created a "Pano" but did so in poor light (it did work as expected but some control over vertical panning would have been appreciated).

Today I deleted it and tried to recreate it but, after calibration, it steps through the field of view and near the end gives the message "Failed. Please try agin later".

I have rebooted and power cycled but cannot complete the procedure.

Please help.

Many thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Cannot (re)create Pano (beta)-Solution
2024-03-13 06:04:58 - last edited 2024-03-14 07:20:37

@jonniem 

Test and check the network connection on your phone, disable VPN first if any. Try to restart your phone. Do this again with another phone if you own one, or with a tablet, any mobile device that can install Tapo App. 

Which version of Tapo App are you using? Do you have an Android phone or an iPhone?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-13 10:06:51 - last edited 2024-03-14 07:20:38

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks Wayne - that was very useful.

Seems the problem only occurs when trying to delete and create the pano on an Android tablet. It goes through "calibrating camera to find centre position..." then steps through the pano creation positions (whilst continuing to display this message) before failing. The pano has now permanently disappeared from the tablet (still visible on Android phone).

However, carrying out the procedure on an Android phone is successful (Creating... 16%, 33%, 50%, 66%, 83% 100%, "Panoramic path created . Do you want to save the pano to the Camera Memory?"). Choosing "Yes" to this saves it and it now reappears on the Tablet.

I have tried this a number of times on two separate C520WS cameras with identical results. I've tried with the tablet in portrait and landscape orientations. Both versions of the app are 3.2.974. I don't have access to an iPhone at the moment so can't comment on its behaviour.

Thanks again

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2024-03-13 06:04:58 - last edited 2024-03-14 07:20:37

@jonniem 

Test and check the network connection on your phone, disable VPN first if any. Try to restart your phone. Do this again with another phone if you own one, or with a tablet, any mobile device that can install Tapo App. 

Which version of Tapo App are you using? Do you have an Android phone or an iPhone?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-13 10:06:51 - last edited 2024-03-14 07:20:38

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks Wayne - that was very useful.

Seems the problem only occurs when trying to delete and create the pano on an Android tablet. It goes through "calibrating camera to find centre position..." then steps through the pano creation positions (whilst continuing to display this message) before failing. The pano has now permanently disappeared from the tablet (still visible on Android phone).

However, carrying out the procedure on an Android phone is successful (Creating... 16%, 33%, 50%, 66%, 83% 100%, "Panoramic path created . Do you want to save the pano to the Camera Memory?"). Choosing "Yes" to this saves it and it now reappears on the Tablet.

I have tried this a number of times on two separate C520WS cameras with identical results. I've tried with the tablet in portrait and landscape orientations. Both versions of the app are 3.2.974. I don't have access to an iPhone at the moment so can't comment on its behaviour.

Thanks again

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot (re)create Pano (beta)
2024-03-14 07:20:06

@jonniem 

May i know what tablet are you using? Which model? And how about its Android version?

Options
Re:Cannot (re)create Pano (beta)
2024-03-14 07:27:31

@Wayne-TP 

It's an OPPO Pad Air. Android 13. (The phone is OPPO x5 with Android 14.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 4

Related Articles