Tapo c210 amber light after pairing

3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Hello. I've being trying to configure a Tapo C210 for the last couple of days, but still get no internet access, as the status light is amber after finishing the pairing process. I can, however, control the camera locally but not from an external network connection. I've set my router dns to 8.8.8.8 as described, but still no luck. Appreciate the help. Thank you. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tapo c210 amber light after pairing
3 weeks ago

@josedesousa7 
Hi,
Generally, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot if can't control your camera remotely on the Tapo app.
What to do if I can't control my Tapo cameras on the Tapo app?

The LED on the camera is solid amber means the camera is connected to the Wi-Fi but does not have internet or is not connected to the TP-Link cloud server. If you have tried to change the DNS server on the router, please confirm the following information.
1. The model number of your router. 
2. Do you have internet when connecting to the router's Wi-Fi?
3. Disable Firewall rules, Access Control, and Parental Control entries on your home router if there is one, then reboot the router.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago
Hey. Thanks for the reply. I can access the camera within my home network. I get a message on the Tapo App that says " This smart device can only be controlled locally". I've set the DNS of my router to the suggested ones and I was also able to ping the camera from my computer. The model of the router is: HS8247W The internet at home works just fine. All the controls that you mentioned are disabled. Thanks in advance.
Options
3 weeks ago
Options
3 weeks ago

josedesousa7 wrote

Hello. I've being trying to configure a Tapo C210 for the last couple of days, but still get no internet access, as the status light is amber after finishing the pairing process. I can, however, control the camera locally but not from an external network connection. I've set my router dns to 8.8.8.8 as described, but still no luck. Appreciate the help. Thank you. 

Admin  @josedesousa7 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 4

Related Articles