ER605 - faiolver settings with another router on network

2024-05-27 18:50:04 - last edited 2024-05-28 00:56:41
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Hello everyone,

I need to setup only failover (no load balance) on my ER605, but I don't know how to do it properly considering that:

My backup connection is a PPPoE modem/router that can not bet set to bridge, so it has DHCP on, therefore I will have two DHCP servers on the network. I read that it could cause some conflicts and connectivity problems due to double NAT etc.

My current settings are:

• ER605: ip 192.168.15.2

• The backup modem/router: Furukawa 423-41W/AC, ip 192.168.1.1

I thought about setting up this way:

Backup WAN:

• Connection type: Dynamic IP

• Primary and secondary DNS: Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)

Will it work properly? Any suggestions? What happens to the DHCP server of the Furawa router? Will it give an IP to the ER605?

Thx a lot!

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 - faiolver settings with another router on network
2024-05-28 00:59:58

Hi @Icaro 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can take a look at this guide: How to configure Link Backup on Dual WAN Router using the new GUI

As long as you avoid subnet overlapping, there should be no problem. Double-NAT is common for people but only becomes a problem when you need a P2P connection. If your ISP's device cannot be set to the bridge mode, there is no better way to fix it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 1

Related Articles