Can't adopt EAP in mesh mode when management VLAN is used

2024-04-05 07:42:51 - last edited 2024-04-05 07:43:54
Model: EAP650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Adopting EAP in mesh mode is impossible when management VLAN is used for the wired AP, it just fails. It would be great if this issue would get fixed or at least if the omada controller wouldn't allow it with some message.

I'm using oc200, but it's not probably connected to this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't adopt EAP in mesh mode when management VLAN is used
2024-04-07 06:18:23

krzysztofo wrote

Adopting EAP in mesh mode is impossible when management VLAN is used for the wired AP, it just fails. It would be great if this issue would get fixed or at least if the omada controller wouldn't allow it with some message.

I'm using oc200, but it's not probably connected to this.

Hi @krzysztofo 

Can you share how you configured the management VLAN? How many Omada devices you have and how did you deloy them?

For the management VLAN, please inform how you made the test, and some screeshots of your management VLAN page.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-06-16 05:45:29 - last edited 2024-06-16 05:46:37

I am not OP but I am having the same issue.

I set 3 networks (Wired Networks -> LAN)

Network 1: Interface 192.168.3.1/24 VLAN 3

Network 2: VLAN VLAN 200

Network 3: VLAN VLAN 211

Also, 3 wireless networks. One for each VLAN

I have 2 EAP610 APs I configured the above with only 1. Then I set Config -> Services -> Management VLAN Enabled (to Network 1 [VLAN 3]) I see the second EAP610 as PENDING with the WiFI Icon in BLUE, if I adopt it and select AP 1 as uplink, it just keeps ADOPTING and fails. I hope this helps.

Options
2024-06-17 06:26:19 - last edited 2024-06-17 06:28:30

Hi  @VC-14 

This issue happens because 2nd EAP still wants untag network from main EAP. By default, when you click Adopt button, the 2nd EAP does not have management VLAN enabled. 

Try adopt both of the EAPs before enabling any managemnt VLAN. 

BTW if your management VLAN 3 is Network 1, the router's default VLAN, then I don't think you need to enable "management VLAN" on the EAPs. You just need to set up Access Control to limit other networks from accessing you VLAN 3. 

Only if you want to put the EAPs to another new VLAN network, you will need to enable "management VLAN", so the EAP itelf will use VLAN tagged data to communicate with the switch. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 449

Replies: 3

Related Articles