C440 doesn't work through PoE+NVR. Only works if DC is connected.

2024-08-14 18:09:22
Model: VIGI C440  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

10 cameras are connect to NVR. The setup has only 4 pieces of C440W. The C440W cameras aren't working in Poe mode. They only work when connected with the DC power supply. They don't load in the NVR without DC power supply as well.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C440 doesn't work through PoE+NVR. Only works if DC is connected.
2024-08-15 02:06:13

Hi @vsauce 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

There is no mention of the NVR model.

No better options or suggestions, the chance for 4 cameras failing at the PoE is rare. I suspect that your cable or the NVR is not capable of PoE.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-15 04:45:46

@Clive_A can you please let me know if the camera can work if I run it through a PoE splitter?

Options
2024-08-15 05:54:28

Hi @vsauce 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

vsauce wrote

@Clive_A can you please let me know if the camera can work if I run it through a PoE splitter?

Specify what PoE splitter you mean.

We have the PoE splitter, I am not sure I understand the same thing as you do.

If you use PoE splitter, are you gonna use the DC power?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 3

Related Articles