DSL Frequent Disconnects all of a sudden

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DSL Frequent Disconnects all of a sudden

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
19 Reply
Re:DSL Frequent Disconnects all of a sudden
2018-03-10 03:03:39
Well that's a bonus , sounds like the issues are not yours but ISP's or Telephone line engineer , so you can sit back and wait :)
Options
2018-03-16 18:14:46

Dink wrote

Well that's a bonus , sounds like the issues are not yours but ISP's or Telephone line engineer , so you can sit back and wait :)

Update: The engineer finally came over and went downstairs to where the Phone Box connects directly with the ISP's cabinet, he put his machine and he was getting pure 15mb/s with no issues. Basically the issue is from the phone box downstairs to my apartment. He recommended that replace my phone line completely because it's probably old/dying.

Thought Id let you guys know.
Options
2018-03-19 05:29:49
Good news then ;)

After he's replaced cable do a test ( www.speedtest.net ) and show us a Print Screen , let us know how it's gone and give us a pic of your stats page again , for others to refer to .
Options
2018-03-19 15:59:43

Dink wrote

Good news then ;)

After he's replaced cable do a test ( www.speedtest.net ) and show us a Print Screen , let us know how it's gone and give us a pic of your stats page again , for others to refer to .

Alright, big update:

The electrician came over and informed me that each apartment has 5 pairs of lines as reserves, so what he did instead of replacing my entire phone line is just move me over to another pair of lines. After he did that, I did a speed test and it was already faster than it was before, I ran a ping test in CMD and there were no Request Time Outs, and there were no sudden disconnects for 2 days.

Yesterday, i was gaming, and all of a sudden I get d/c. Im like...hmmm, I log back in, and it does it again, it does it 3 times. I switch over to ADSL2 (it was on ADSL2+), and it happens again, all within the span of 15 minutes. I forget about it and leave the house, get back at like 8:00 pm, game till 1:00 am and it doesn't disconnect.

On another note, in Lebanon, the power cuts every day for 3 hours, but we have building generators that give us power while this happens so it's not a big deal. Here is what I noticed, I don't know if this is related or not, but it could be. On normal electricity (not generator), I get a downstream rate of around 10mb/s, when the power in the building cuts and the generator turns on, the speed jumps to 15mb/s. I'm thinking one of 2 possibilities, 1) there is interference between the power cables coming into my building or 2) the power cutting in the city I live in knocks out people using the net because they probably don't have generators, so there is more bandwidth to go around. Either way, im not sure because this never used to happen before.

So now, I have a couple of options, I can call the electrician and tell him to replace my ENTIRE line (not just switch over to another pair), or I can just ignore this issue, and tough it out until I get Fiber (which is supposed to be this year).

:(
Options
2018-03-20 06:14:03
Dave.
Options
2018-03-20 06:16:35
Hmm , tricky situation , I would give it a couple of days , however if it does it again ask for a replacement cable , my reasoning would be if a fixed internal cable has been damaged to an extent that 1 pair is faulty is it not reasonable to expect the other pairs to have been damaged at the same time ?

Note in UK there are different quality cables for phone lines , had a very interesting conversation with the phone engineer that replaced mine a few months back and after a cuppa and a half pack of choccy biscuits he showed me in his van and he had the choice of 5 different drop line cables of differing quality , some for simple strength and some for screening for interference , so if you do have to go the replacement route make the engineer aware that you think you are possibly getting interference on your line , he may give you a better quality cable , and if fibre is on its way to your local cabinet having a good quality cable ready from the main box coming into apartments to your apartment can only be a good thing for you :)

Dave.
Options
2018-03-22 17:02:24

Dink wrote

Hmm , tricky situation , I would give it a couple of days , however if it does it again ask for a replacement cable , my reasoning would be if a fixed internal cable has been damaged to an extent that 1 pair is faulty is it not reasonable to expect the other pairs to have been damaged at the same time ?

Note in UK there are different quality cables for phone lines , had a very interesting conversation with the phone engineer that replaced mine a few months back and after a cuppa and a half pack of choccy biscuits he showed me in his van and he had the choice of 5 different drop line cables of differing quality , some for simple strength and some for screening for interference , so if you do have to go the replacement route make the engineer aware that you think you are possibly getting interference on your line , he may give you a better quality cable , and if fibre is on its way to your local cabinet having a good quality cable ready from the main box coming into apartments to your apartment can only be a good thing for you :)

Dave.

So ever since the engineer switched phone pairs, the internet has been cutting a lot less. It does it in trios...if that makes any sense. So like...for example at 3:15 pm, it would cut, come back for 2 minutes, cut again, and repeat that pattern 2 or 3 more times. Then would be fine.

I just want fiber. Fuck.
Options
2018-03-26 18:14:24
I had similitude issue mine was deemed faulty got swapped
Options
2018-03-28 10:00:35
do you have a Vr900 v1 as well? and the connection is not stable? have you tried contacted ISP about this issue?

virtue67 wrote

I had similitude issue mine was deemed faulty got swapped
Options
Related Articles