TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.

2018-04-01 00:32:05
Model : Archer C3200

Hardware Version : v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 170707 Rel.58427n

ISP : Shaw Communications (Internet 150 for Business)

Is anyone having issues with TP-Link routers and Wifi on Apple products? We have a TP-LInk Archer C3200 and TP-LInk C7 router, and both seem to have issues with Apple devices.

Wi-Fi "seems" to be solid on all devices we own with the exception of our iPhones and iPads. iPhones connect fine and the connection to the Wi-Fi seems solid, but the Internet will stop working at random (usually after about 10-15 mins) and the only way to get it working again is disabling and re-enabling the Wi-fi on the iPhone.

This is my third TP-Link router and it seems to be a consistent problem with our Apple devices. This problem has been with me for over 2 years!

We also have the Ubiquiti access point we sometimes connect to and the iPhones work fine on that network, but it only supports 2.4.

Prior to this we owned a D-Link router and had no issues with Apple products.

Note: I have all the latest firmware and iPhone updates. I've tried numerous settings within the router. I've replaced my modem and then upgraded my modem to a business plan using a static IP with my ISP. I've tried the router in different locations. I've even performed an exorcism on my TP-Link router which has helped about as much as everything else I've tried.

Does anyone have a solution?
Options
42 Reply
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2018-04-01 12:59:38
If they use Qualcomm Atheros Wifi Chips (QCAx4 series) then there are known issues with the C7 on earlier Firmwares but FW 17 and 18 have the "fix" for that

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?94180-Archer-C7-router-crashed-by-Dell-laptop-with-Killer-adapter&p=236328&viewfull=1#post236328

not sure about the c3200 though.

KB
Options
Re:TP-LInk Wi-Fi on iPhone and other Apple devices losing Internet connectivity.
2020-06-03 00:58:20

@dmaksymec 

I've been having the same issue with mine for the last 6 months.  Very disappointed to see no action on this.  And... NO FIRMWARE UPDATES SINCE 7/17 !?!?! What the what TP.  You have a massively buggy product and can't be troubled to work it?  I like a lot of things about this product, but the apprent lack of interest in keeping your products functional beyond sale is all i need to NEVER buy your stuff again.  NEVER.  I'll go with a supplier that cares about customer satisfaction.

Options
2020-06-03 03:45:53

@PiperX 

Hello

Do you have an Archer C3200 router and encounter the wireless issue with your iPhone or iPad? If yes, please verify the below details and we will try to fix it together:

1. Are all other devices connecting to the router's wireless properly? What is the model of your iPhone or iPad and how about its OS? Keep its OS up-to-date.

2. When there is no internet on your iPhone or iPad, does it still connect to the router wireless (2.4G or 5G?) and can you still ping the router's gateway which is 192.168.0.1 by default?

3. Did you ever try to reset the router to its factory defaults? If not yet, please give it a go.

Options
2020-06-24 17:58:02

My problem is the wifi seems to be very spotty when connected to my iMac.

Wifi works fine one my iPhone 7s, but it is disconnected often on my iMac. Both are in the same room. My TP Link Archer A7 is in another room that is literally 15 steps away. It is driving me nuts.

Options
2021-08-10 06:55:01

@Kathy_Z 

Hi,

I lately realized that my iPhone and MacBook are encountering the same internet connectivity issues once or twice a day, while other devices (non Apple) that are connected to the same tp-link archer c2300 don't have any internet issues.

The router has the latest firmware installed and shows no updates available.

Please help!!

Options
2021-08-31 04:31:12

DanielBar wrote

@Kathy_Z 

Hi,

I lately realized that my iPhone and MacBook are encountering the same internet connectivity issues once or twice a day, while other devices (non Apple) that are connected to the same tp-link archer c2300 don't have any internet issues.

The router has the latest firmware installed and shows no updates available.

Please help!!

@DanielBar Take a look at Security settings under the Advance tab in the router configuration portal.  Check if any Apple device is listed in the "Block DoS Host list", if there is, check the item and remove it from the list.  That should take care of the connectivity issue.

Options
2021-10-04 16:05:20

I am seeing this same behavior on my 

TP-Link AX6000 and on my iPhone 12 Pro with iOS15. It is driving me insane. 

Works fine right after connecting to the networking, however after some idle time if I go back the only way I can get network connectivity is by toggling WiFi on and off. The network remains connected but doesn't have actual internet access and no other devices seem to have this issue aside from Apple devices running iOS15

Options
2021-10-10 21:06:45 - last edited 2021-10-10 21:08:28

@User_TC 
In this (latest) firmware, there is no Dos protection setting in the advanced menu or anywhere in the router’s menus, I am familiar with this issue as I had a VR600 which had this option and there your fix actually worked…

Options
2021-10-13 09:52:26

@ColeSlaw71 

What is the wireless security on the AX6000? Try changing to WPA2-PSK.AES for both the 2.4G and 5G network, then confirm the connectivity on the iPhone 12 Pro. BTW, does iPhone 12 Pro connect to 2.4G or 5G? You can also disable Smart Connect on the AX6000, and try to connect to 2.4G or 5G network to confirm if both have the same issue.

Options
2021-10-20 17:25:45

@Kevin_Z Tried everything, the issue occurs on both 2.4 and 5 GHz, and both wpa2 and 3...

Options

Information

Helpful: 19

Views: 34796

Replies: 47