VR2800 p2p streaming issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-16 02:44:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hardware: Archer VR2800 v1 00000000

Firmware: 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n

ISP: Sky ADSL Broadband

Dear all, I hope someone can help me with Acestream streaming issues. This is a bit detailed, so please bear with me.

I bought this router about 6 months ago - apart from very occasionally losing internet connection requiring restart, it has been problem-free, until recently. I have been able to use any p2p including Acestream without any problems. Latest firmware was installed when I first received router 6 months ago. The router is only switched off for long period of time when we go on holiday - otherwise, wireless is scheduled to shut itself off every night.

I can't recall making any configuration changes until then.

For the past 2-3 weeks, I noticed that when I start using p2p streaming with Acestream, the internet connection would slow down, leading to severe buffering. In addition, other users in the household would lose internet connection. OK, my internet connection is not high-speed fibre broadband, but in the past, I can stream and my wife and son would have no problems watching youtube contents simultaneously.

I also noticed that when I start using Acestream, under the basic tab, the internet status is 'disconnected' and 'Please configure your DNS manually' would be shown. If I shut down the Acestream programme, everything would revert to normal and everyone's internet (youtube, internet browsing, etc) would be back to normal and the internet status would be back to 'connected'.

For the past 2 weeks, I have been playing with various settings without any luck - including inputting DNS manually, factory reset, disabling various features such as IGMP snooping, bit swap, SRA without any success.

There has not been any changes to NAT forwarding either.

I sincerely hope someone can help me with these issues. It's a fairly complex and expensive modem router and shouldn't be causing these sort of issues. Many thanks in advance for taking the time to read through these.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 0