Solid red LED - crashed Deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solid red LED - crashed Deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
48 Reply
Re:Solid red LED - crashed Deco units
2021-03-12 14:29:30

I have the same issue with the X20 deco. Losing connection between the deco's with a Red light, must power down and power up the X20 for a temporally solution.

Options
Same problem here after power outage
2021-03-20 14:27:03

@bartf71 I have the same issue with my S4 network

Options
Same problem here after power outage
2021-03-22 07:34:47

@Fla_Bigbear 

Hi, Did you mean after the power outage, all the Deco units would stay solid red, not green/white anymore?

Could you please provide me a picture of the network topology of the Deco system?

What did you do to restore the internet connection, like rebooting the Deco?

By the way, may I know who is the internet service provider and how about the model number of the cable modem?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-02 17:19:56

@TP-Link follow up question, please bwlow in BOLD (#3).

2.if the Deco would randomly turn red, or when the internet service was down, Deco was red and could not return to green when the internet is recovered,  The Deco might have some instability issue.

There is some suggestion for your reference:

1. Make sure the firmware on the Deco is up to date;

2. change a different Deco as the main Deco; 

3. change the DNS server on the APP to be 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4; - This procedure worked for me. Is this a long term fix? Is there anything I need to do to revert my Deco to the previous set up?

4. if possible, please wired the red Deco via Ethernet cable to the main Deco, or move closer to the main Deco to see If there is any improvement;

Options
2021-04-07 08:05:44 - last edited 2021-04-07 08:10:17

@Marshal490 

Hi, it could be a long term fix and if changing the DNS could fix this issue, it might be that the previous DNS server failed to resolve the Deco internet detection request;

And you could keep the previous settings and no need to change anything;

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-12 19:18:52

@TP-Link 

Hi, I have the same problem, the units stop working after every power outage. Hard reset helped so far but it doesn't anymore. The lights on ALL the units switch from green to red every 3 minutes or so. I live in Greece, threre's at least one power outage a week, sometimes it happens more often. The DNS trick didn't work either nor did switching the units. The system has been in use for just 6 months. Any advice, please? 

Options
2021-07-06 05:13:34

@TP-Link Hi , Just had Deco M4r and we changed the placement but it just suddenly turned red and not providing internet

Options
2021-07-06 05:55:51

@Pogi 

Hi, please refer to the suggestions on this link and let me know what happened later:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/267192

Thank you.

Options
2022-02-17 19:28:07
When you say that solves it did it solve it for good or do you have to do this every time ? Mine are going red every day sometimes twice ! It’s made my smart home unusable ! Thanks
Options
2022-02-22 23:48:51

@Balti-Notts 

Hi Balti-Notts, I am sorry to hear about your daily woes. I've learned thru the years that I needed to do that procedure after a prolonged internet outage. However, if the internet outage is intermittent or those lasting for just a few minutes, I found that it returned to green withouth having to do anything.

Options