Solid red LED - crashed Deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solid red LED - crashed Deco units

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
48 Reply
Re:Solid red LED - crashed Deco units
2022-02-23 03:31:52

@Balti-Notts 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I  see you have updated the firmware to 1.5.1 which is the latest firmware of Deco S4 and did this issue start just after the firmware upgrade?

Since the engineers highly value the feedback of this new firmware, could you please help me check the following information:

1. May I know who is your internet service provider? And what is the model number of the ISP modem?

2. After it turned red, will it come back to green automatically very soon?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-03-02 23:58:37
Hi, sent you a message regarding this. Thanks.
Options
2022-03-03 00:26:54

Hi  @TP-Link 

my deco unit (e4) flashes a red blinking light when i am in the process of manually updating the firmware using the steps mentioned. Anything else i can do? 

Options
2022-03-19 10:44:00
I am facing the same problem now. Trying to reconfigure but how to get the Deco App back to the set up page?
Options
2022-03-23 08:32:19

@CSLiu 

Hi, I see the main Deco is online now under your TP-Link ID and I guess you have set up all Deco M5 successfully already.

And please let me know if you need any further help.

Thank you.

Options
Same problem here after power outage
2022-05-23 00:37:27

@bartf71 

I have the exact same problem and it is very annoying. 

Options
2022-05-23 03:49:39

@Jamac 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you mean after a power outage, Deco will stay red and could not be back to green?

If yes, please refer to the suggestions on this link:

Main Deco turned red light (case two)

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-24 01:21:16

@Jamac i have the same problem. After power outage, Deco M9 show a solid red light. To solve that i need disconect both ethernet cable from main Deco and reconnect only the ISP internet cable. After that Deco set a solid green light and i can plug my another cable from my intern network again.

Options
2022-05-24 06:15:04

@Guaris welcome to the community.

I think your case will be a little different.

May I know what are the devices that connected to the other Ethernet port of the main Deco?

I think when the power is restored, the Ethernet clients start faster than the ISP cable modem and assigned the IP address to Deco, which makes Deco think the Ethernet port from Ethernet clients is the WAN port.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-31 11:09:16

@nergruht I have similar issues with Deco M9 plus, and red light always on. I've had to do full reset on every unit (4 nr.) and configure a new network. But this morning its the same again and powering off and then on does nothing. But I have no power outage issues and this issue only came up in the last 2 weeks and ws after the last update.

I do not want to have to reset every unit again and configure another new network. I cannot connect to the units now either on the phone app

Any help or guidance is appreciate. 

Options