Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues after latest Deco firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
185 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re::Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-16 06:10:05

Hi ,

We do have some feedback that indicates the Deco may not work properly after the firmware update, while compared to the amount of the Deco users, it is very limited. 

So you can update it and give it a go, and any updates, you can contact us.

Or if you can wait a while and then check more feedbacks regarding to this issue. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re::Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-16 06:50:11

Thanks for reply i planned to wait for still more time for new update.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-16 09:24:34

Hi,

1. The Decos are in a two floors house, 1st Deco is placed on 1st floor connected to the modem, the 2nd is placed in the staircase between floors. It is possible to connect to the system from the entire house without activating the 2nd one.

2. The lights show a consistent blue light. One device can be connected and receive a message saying "no internet connection" in the same time as another device is connected and with the internet connection working fine. My modem is also a router, I can connect to the modem without problems with my cell phone when being kicked out from the Deco. My iPhone does this automatically.

3. It happens with one or more of the connected devices more or less all the time, each device can be connected for maybe 4-5 hours before beeing kicked out at the most. After being disconnected the device will be told "incorrect password" when trying to re-connect.

4. I have tried using only the Deco connected to the modem. The problem is still the same. I have tried resetting both decos 3 times and checked for updates. The app allways tells me "your system is updated, enjoy" (no pun intended).

5. I have tried disabeling fast roaming, did not work. QoS is set as standard. I will try clearing all high priority standards tonight and give a feedbach here afterwards.

A power-off seems to have some effect for reconnecting devices as described in number 2 above. As my system worked very well before the firmware update I am quite sure the problems I am having now are caused by the update.

Thank you for answering, I hope you and your team will work this out asap.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-16 20:35:47

Hi, I still have some problems of connection even with the 1.2.8 build 20190403, it's better than the former update, but still very annoying, and very bad compared to the beautiful wifi experience I had before. Nothing changed in my setup, same devices, same setup. No idea how to fix it.
thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-17 07:28:33

Hi,

What is the model number of your Deco units? And what is the current network topology? 

More specific symptom about the current situation will help a lot. 

Besides, have you ever tried to do some troubleshooting by your own yet? Like disable fast roaming, set QoS as standard, clear all the high priority items and reboot/reset the Deco units? 

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

toni_13 wrote

Hi, I still have some problems of connection even with the 1.2.8 build 20190403, it's better than the former update, but still very annoying, and very bad compared to the beautiful wifi experience I had before. Nothing changed in my setup, same devices, same setup. No idea how to fix it.
thank you

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-17 08:19:35

Hi,

I emailed you the instruction to try to solve it.

Please notice your inbox and give it a go per the instruction, any updates, just let me know.

Have a nice day. 

SveinM wrote

Hi,

1. The Decos are in a two floors house, 1st Deco is placed on 1st floor connected to the modem, the 2nd is placed in the staircase between floors. It is possible to connect to the system from the entire house without activating the 2nd one.

2. The lights show a consistent blue light. One device can be connected and receive a message saying "no internet connection" in the same time as another device is connected and with the internet connection working fine. My modem is also a router, I can connect to the modem without problems with my cell phone when being kicked out from the Deco. My iPhone does this automatically.

3. It happens with one or more of the connected devices more or less all the time, each device can be connected for maybe 4-5 hours before beeing kicked out at the most. After being disconnected the device will be told "incorrect password" when trying to re-connect.

4. I have tried using only the Deco connected to the modem. The problem is still the same. I have tried resetting both decos 3 times and checked for updates. The app allways tells me "your system is updated, enjoy" (no pun intended).

5. I have tried disabeling fast roaming, did not work. QoS is set as standard. I will try clearing all high priority standards tonight and give a feedbach here afterwards.

A power-off seems to have some effect for reconnecting devices as described in number 2 above. As my system worked very well before the firmware update I am quite sure the problems I am having now are caused by the update.

Thank you for answering, I hope you and your team will work this out asap.

Options
2019-05-17 15:01:31 - last edited 2019-05-17 15:45:20

My Setup: 1GB Internet

3 pack Deco M5 (v2.1)

Modem - Main Deco (1st floor)-  SG108E 8 port switch --- Deco 2 (2nd Floor)

|-- Deco 3 (2nd floor)

My settings:

- no beamforming

- no fast roaming

- no QoS

- no VLAN

Connected devices average at 20.

Having horrible disconnects on the latest 1.2.8 Build 20190403 Rel 40244

i called the support whom was useless. Asked me to RMA which I did. Came back home connected it up and still the same issues after the firmware update

My problems faced

1) UNSECURED SSID created (HUGE SECURITY FLAW!) - this goes away when i go reboot all deco units. Definitely belongs to the deco as i can access my internal network from it.

2) intermittent loss of internet access - WIFI icon shows connected but with no internet access. But i'm 100% certain this isnt an internet access issue as i can run external ping streams perfectly via wired clients (through satelite decos, which run through the switch and main and router).

3) dropping WIFI and not able to sign back in, showing authentication problems/incorrect passwords - this is seen across random devices, iphones, androids, TVs, PCs..etc  a Reboot of either the device or nearest Deco seems to get this running. BIG Frustration on this one!

4) Poor internet speed - i can be full strength next to a unit, and get <1mbps on speedtests.  This was tested on both Wired/Wireless backhaul. What is concerning is the Deco is supposed to be 2 x Gig Ports. I cannot get more than 100mb wired from my PC ---- 2nd floor deco --- switch --- main deco -- modem.  The TP link switch and PC negotiating  1GB/FULL. I can get 1gb perfectly taking the cable going to the Deco. The ironic part - pulling out the cable to make it go on wireless backhaul gets me 400mbps. Your firmware is fried. 

5) Enabling Beamforming and/OR fast roaming seems to make the above problems more prominent.

Have tried hard resetting all units, creating new SSIDs which seem to work just for a few hours, and the problems come back.

ALL decos lights were solid green during the problems.

Have also swapped out everything else, brand new switch, cabling, modem.

surely all these complaints on this community should be red flags for your developers. I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to recreate these problems in your lab.

now get us a fix ASAP, heck i'd even take a BETA firmware !

Options
2019-05-17 19:52:12

Hi,

I am not going to try using this “fix”. It is way to complicated and with an uncertain result.  The forum feedback should clearly tell you that there are serious problems with build 1.2.8. Release a downgrade to 1.2.4 or make a 1.2.9 that actually works. 

Options
2019-05-18 09:19:33

Hi Kevin,

The problems with 1.2.8 build 20190403 rel 40244 are exactly the same as described for 1.2.5, at least for me. Connections drops all the time and slow and poor connections all over the house. The Deco M5 used to work perfectly but now it feels like junk. Are TP working on a fix and when can we have it? Or do I have to buy a solution from sombody else?

Regards

Harald    

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Issues after latest Deco firmware update
2019-05-18 17:44:11

I haven’t complained in about a month, but I am also still having issues. The 1.2.8 worked for a while and then it didn’t. Same as everyone else; slow internet, disconnected devices, incorrect password, etc. The worst is that I am burning through data if I don’t constantly check my phone’s internet connection. Total bs!  I have to reboot the whole system (6 hubs) at least once a day to get my phone or other devices to connect. Usually it’s more like 2-3 times a day. Hopefully if we keep the thread alive they’ll eventually listen and go back to the last “working” firmware or give us a new one. Here’s an idea, give us 1.2.4 back and call it 1.2.9 so we think you listened to your so called “valued” customers. 

Options