NC450 - recording problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

NC450 - recording problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
34 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-06-27 08:24:17

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please take your time to test with 24-hour recording disabled, whether the motion detection can be recorded and played successfully, vice versa, whether the 24-hour recording works fine with the motion detection disabled. 

With more information, we can determine which next step we will do. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-06-27 08:30:05
Generally I have a feeling that the 1.3.4 firmware was the last firmware that worked very well and each next version of the firmware only caused more or less problems with camera work.
I have a dream and I would like that Tp-link publish new firmware that will have all the benefits from 1.4.0, 1.4.1 and 1.5.0 firmware , but will not have their bugs, i.e. new firmware will work as well as the 1.3.4 firmware .
However, I'm afraid that tp-link currently pay all its attention to KC cameras and KASA app and he has already give up NC cameras and tpCamera app.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-06-27 08:42:01

I forgot to add that my camera worked very long on the 1.3.4 firmware and at this time I did't have any problem with may camera. The problem witch I describe was began after upgrading camera firmware to 1.4.0 version and it stli exist even after next firmware upgrades to 1.4.1 and 1.5.0.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-06-28 06:36:26

Hi,

We still value the NC cameras, while there is not much feedback reported by our customers regarding to the current issue. 

If the NC450 works fine with 1.3.4, you can try to downgrade the firmware and give it a go. I will email you the instruction. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-06-28 08:31:25

Thank you for the instruction.

I would like to add that most of the time my camera work proprely i.e. correct recording image during motion dedect and correct sending me notification on app and email.

My prblem my appears in random moments every several weeks.

After restoring camera to the factory setting (when the problem appear) my camera works fine for next few weeks.

For some time I thought that the problem was in the memory card so I do some test on two different cards i.e.:

- MicroSD SanDisk 32GB (SDSQUNC-032G-GN6MA)

- MicroSD Samsung 32GB (MB-MD32DA/EU)

but the problem was on both of these cards, so I assume that the problem is with camera.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-02 06:29:10

Hi,

Have you ever installed the firmware 1.3.4?

What is the performance yet? Does it work properly? 

When and where did you buy this camera?

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-03 07:57:07

Hi,

Currently I'm on vacation and I have not been able to install firmware 1.3.4 b efore the trip. I only formatted SD card on PC (to FAT 32) and restored factory settings on camera before leaving home and I have hope that the camera will work properly for a few weeks of my holidays.

My standard camera setting is:
Tag "Live" and "Speed" is ON,
When to detect movement: Always (not with the schedule)
Motion detection: ON
Sensitivity of motion detection: mostly Normal but sometimes LOW
Detection area: the whole area
Motion tracking: OFF
App notification: ON
E-mail notification:ON
Sound detection: OFF
Crying baby: OFF
Time zone: GTM+1.00
Information displayed on the screen: Only yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss (without text)
LED: OFF
24h recording: ON
FPS setting: 20FPS
Quality: HQ
Automatic change between day and night mode
Automatic RESET: OFF

Camera NC450 V2 - brand new b ought in the Polish electro-market
SD Card: MicroSD Samsung 32GB (MB-MD32DA/EU)
Camera is connected to the Internet via WiFi (150Mb) - signal quality is very good
tpCamera app: ver. 3.1.12 (on android 9.0) working in the background
I use the cellular data from the my telephone operator (mostly it is LTE) and sometimes a WiFi to connect with the cameta via tpCamera app.

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-03 08:23:04
In the previous post I mentioned that after the appearance of my problem i.e. after the camera detected motion and stops recording the camera sometimes changes its position itself. Now it occurred to me that it was worth mentioning that motion trackong option it awlays OFF on my tpCamera app.
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-05 07:17:19

Okay, thanks for your feedback.

You can turn it on and then check whether the motion detection will work properly. Meanwhile you can turn off 24-hour recording to test the performance of the motion detection, vice versa. 

Besides, once you back home, you can try to install the 1.3.4 firmware to give it a go. 

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:NC450 - recording problem
2019-07-16 05:40:07

Hi,

I'm still on vacation but I noticed one thing. Generally my camera works fine but the problem with motion detect recordin that I described earlier has already appeared twice. This problem was appeared every time (i.e. twice) in the moment when I was watched the archive recordings from memory card through the tpCanera app on my phone and exactly in this moment (i.e. when I was watched recording from the past) camera detecd the motion. In this moment (i.e. after motion detect) camera stop recirding for a while and did not send to me an email notification. Every other motion (i.e. when I'm not watching archive recording) camera detect correctly (i.e. without recirding problem).

After when problem with recordin appeard I did what you advised to me i.e. I turned off the 24h recording option for few hours and it helpd. After that camera detect motion correctly even after switching ON 24h recording option again.

Options
Related Articles