Votes

Kasa app for windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread kasa app for desktop. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Kasa app for windows

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread kasa app for desktop. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
23 Reply
Re:Kasa app for windows-Solution
2022-07-29 11:02:45 - last edited 2023-03-02 05:48:06

3.2 Edit [More Article]

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for your feedback and sharing different ways to manage your Kasa devices on a PC, we would like to make a summary of some workaround shared from our users here: 

1. You may install an Android emulator* to manage your Kasa devices or stream kasa cam, shared by community user @Little_C 

Stream Tapo Camera on PC through Andriod Emulator : LDPlay4 vs Bluestack

2. Use Amazon or Google Voice command to control Kasa devices

Alexa: How to make my TP-Link Kasa Device work with Amazon Alexa
Google: How to connect your TP-Link Kasa devices to Google Home

3. Other Workaround:  some users also use third party desktop app like ' Home Assistant' * to manage smart devices

Disclaimer:  * Andriod emulators or Home Assistant or other third-party apps may meet the requirement,  kindly note that they are not one of TP-Link official partner apps, so we can not guarantee the  third-party software will be accurate or reliable or fully compatible with your kasa device. 

Really appreciated your understanding. 

Welcome to share how you manage your kasa device on a computer. We will keep this post updated for any new workarounds. Thanks everyone.

More Articles:

【New Arrival】 Get Ideal Room Temperature with Kasa Smart Thermostatic Radiator Valve KE100 KIT

【New Arrival 】 HomeKit Device RoundUp

【New APP Test】 Kasa APP 3.0

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Kasa app for windows
2022-11-20 16:59:50 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

This remains an extremely disappointing posture for TP-Link/Kasa platform. Just make an ubiquitously available web access interface and don't worry about an actual application for Windows. In a heartbeat I would dump all my Amcrest camera devices for Kasa cameras which I consider superior but without web access it's a non-starter for me. I use the KD110 and for that sole purpose it's disappointing but acceptable to force to mobile platform, but a web interface would be a huge boost and remove a major impediment to further adoption. For all of the other smart device without video Amazon and mobile access fully meets my needs, but not for video! I will remain hopeful that TP-Link might consider addressing this gap in service capability one day. <fingers crossed>

Options
Re:Kasa app for windows
2022-11-30 04:29:59 - last edited 2023-01-04 06:11:50

@daphne 

You can connect your android phone to the PC using Phone Link in Windows. Your phone will appear on your computer screen and you can run any app on the android from there. As Always, the more screen real estate you have the better.

Just noticed this only works with Samsung devices. Sorry for that oversight.

Options