Smart switch for shed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart switch for shed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart switch for shed
Smart switch for shed
2019-04-13 15:38:58
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has installed a smart switch inside a shed.  I've seen it's rated only at 32 degrees.  I'd like to be able to turn on the outside shed lights to light up the yard from my phone.  

Has anyone setup a smart switch in their she'd?  I'm located in Rhode island so the winters definalty go below 32 degrees.  Any thoughts? 

Hopefully tp link will make an outdoor smart bulb

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart switch for shed
2019-04-16 04:42:24

Hi,

Thanks for your support on our products.

We do not have a outdoor switch can meet your needs yet. We only have switch that can be installed indoor with temperature range of  0 ºC ~ 40 ºC (32°F ~ 104°F).

Good day!

Options
2019-06-11 22:29:44

How far is the shed away from the house?  Will your WiFi reach that far?

I think it's a pretty good idea!

Ryan

Options
2019-08-19 14:55:30

You do run a risk in installing it outside however i assume you shed is water tight so outsdie of the temperature issue you should be fine. 

i have one in my pool shed to control the lights. works great even when it is a bit hotter then the specified temps (hotter is always worse than colder).

only concer was the wifi but the coverage is enought to reach for me, 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2241

Replies: 3