Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-04-23 00:00:54 - last edited 2019-04-29 03:15:37

Hello everybody!

So, recently I decided to cancel the Internet subscription at my workplace, because I thought I'd be able to replace it with a cheaper alternative. So far, I haven't succeeded.

I have two tplink cameras, NC 220 and NC200, which were working perfectly when connected to the Wifi network. My thoughts were, if a modem/router works, a mobile hotspot also will. I created a hotspot in my mobile phone, using the data connection supplied by the carrier, and tried to connect the cameras to it.

I tried with one phone, and I was able to connect the cameras to the hotspot but not another phone or computer (to add the cameras with the app).

So I tried with a different phone, and exactly the opposite thing happened: I could connect another phone and computer to the hotspot but not the cameras (the light flashed green for a second but then turned red).

The most I could do was get an ip address of one the cameras and access it through the web server, I even got to the part where I can enter an address and password to add the camera to the cloud account but when I enter the data sometimes nothing happens, and the button that says Register turns blue as if I hadn't clicked on it; and other times I get an error message saying can not connect to Internet, check network settings.

By the way, Internet works fine on the phone.

Any ideas/suggestions? Anything is welcome!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot-Solution
2019-04-28 19:04:50 - last edited 2019-04-29 03:15:37

Hello everybody, I've been able to solve the problem and decided to explain how, in case anyone else faces it.

What I did was create the hotspot with my phone, without password. I connected my computer to it. Then, I connected via Ethernet cable the computet with a Tp Link range extender and configured it. After that, I took the Ethernet cable out of my computer and plugged into the Tp link camera, leaving the other end plugged into the range extender. 

I went into the Tp Link camera app and found the IP address of the camera, which I typed in Chrome to enter the camera's website. Once in it, I changed the network, to the wireless one I had connected on the hotspot, and I registered the camera in the cloud service (I had already created the account). And voilà! I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the camera and plugged it into the other one to repeat the process. Finally, both my cameras were working fine, connected to the hotspot, and I could check remotely from the app or the web. 

Hope it helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot
2019-04-23 02:41:30

Hi,

Considering the hotspot mechanism varies with different brands/manufacturers, it is hard to guarantee whether they can work together or the performance.

While you can give it a go first. 

1. Please connect your computer to the camera and login to the web page. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/817/

2. Then you can refer to the instruction below to connect it to the mobile hotspot. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/820/ 

3. After that, please check the light status of the camera and change the IP address back to dynamic IP on the computer. 

May it help, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot
2019-04-23 23:03:05

¡Thank you very much!

I didn't work though, I can get into the web interface but when I try to register the cameras in the cloud account nothing happens :(

Options
Re:Re:Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot
2019-04-24 03:08:09

Hi,

Could you please show me a picture of registration page? 

Meanwhile you do not have to register the cloud account on the web interface, instead, you can go to cloud website to do that. 

https://www.tplinkcloud.com/register.php

Good day. 

Options
Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot-Solution
2019-04-28 19:04:50 - last edited 2019-04-29 03:15:37

Hello everybody, I've been able to solve the problem and decided to explain how, in case anyone else faces it.

What I did was create the hotspot with my phone, without password. I connected my computer to it. Then, I connected via Ethernet cable the computet with a Tp Link range extender and configured it. After that, I took the Ethernet cable out of my computer and plugged into the Tp link camera, leaving the other end plugged into the range extender. 

I went into the Tp Link camera app and found the IP address of the camera, which I typed in Chrome to enter the camera's website. Once in it, I changed the network, to the wireless one I had connected on the hotspot, and I registered the camera in the cloud service (I had already created the account). And voilà! I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the camera and plugged it into the other one to repeat the process. Finally, both my cameras were working fine, connected to the hotspot, and I could check remotely from the app or the web. 

Hope it helps!

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot
2019-04-29 03:15:06

Hi,

Glad to hear that you figured it out finally, and thanks a lot for your valued reply. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Help: connect cloud camera to mobile hotspot
2019-05-19 05:55:15

At my house, currently there is a camera system, devices are connected via tplink and transmit images to the outside, the camera is viewed very fast, the speed is stable, TPLINK has 1G bandwidth suitable for using 16 cameras.

cung cấp
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2618

Replies: 6