Why is tpCamera not supported by Google Home?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-27 02:51:08
Model: NC260  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Hi Folks

I innitially purchased a tp-Link socket and light bulb and set it up using Google Home to control them, when I was satisfied that the system worked properly I decided to add some cameras. Wanting to keep with a single product range for compatibility, I purchaced two tp-Link NC260 cameras believing that they would all work together. Unfortunately it seems that the tpcamera app is not integrated with Google Home so I can't arm and disarm the motion sensing etc. from standard Google commands like "Leaving Home" etc....

I hope that I am doing something wrong and that someone will be able to set me in the right direction? or else I feel slightly mis-led that products sold under the same brand name are not compatible.

Help please!!

Cheers S

Options
3 Reply
Re:Why is tpCamera not supported by Google Home?
2019-05-27 06:38:18

Hi,

As a cloud camera, the NC260 does not support Google home, it can be managed by the tpCamera app or the cloud website. 

While the KC camera, like KC120 can work with Google home. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1558/ 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-05-18 16:29:41

Are you going to have an update so the NC camera can be supposed by kassa or GoogleHome?

Options
2021-01-10 08:00:33

@CaroAT 

because TPlink want to rip you off by forcing you to buy more gear. Suggest you get Chinese cameras -just as good and half the price.

adios TPlink

another unhappy customer...

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1839

Replies: 3