Deco M5. One deco does not get any WiFi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-20 19:57:32 - last edited 2019-08-21 16:48:12
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi, I have a deco m5 setup here. One as main, connected to the “internet” and two other, all inside a network with two tplink switch. All three deco are connected by wire.

All works, no speed or disconnecting happens.

My problem is that one of the devices (a deco that stays in the living room, main one is inside a office and the other in my bedroom) does not accepts any WiFi connection. I can roam from my office to my bedroom and WiFi keeps working. But if I go to the living room, it gets a weak signal. If I turn WiFi on and off on my phone, it tries to connect to the Mai deco. 

Living room deco keeps a green led, deco app shows nothing is wrong.

What can be the problem here?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5. One deco does not get any WiFi connection
2019-08-22 06:19:06

@ThomazFF 

Hello, what is the current network topology/diagram? And what are the model number of the 2 switches? 

With computer connected to the Deco which stays in the living room, please check whether you can get internet and click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

Meanwhile, to rule out it is the Deco unit itself or the settings problem, please swap the 2 slave Decos and verify whether you still have the same issue. 

Best regards. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 981

Replies: 1

Related Articles