Powerline Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Powerline Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Powerline Speeds
Powerline Speeds
2019-08-24 15:32:59
Model: TL-PA8010 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have had the TL-PA8010 powerline for quite some time.

I have got 350Mpbs internet from my ISP, but the speeds I am getting from my powerline are around 120Mpbs.

Is there any settings or tweaks I can do to the powerline / router or adapter settings in windows to increase this.

What I have tried: 

Plugging the powerline into same socket and trying the speed test - same results.

From PC to router

from router to PC

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline Speeds
2019-08-27 03:34:07

@uniQ 

Hello, from the picture attached, there are 3 powerline adapters. except the TL-PA8010KIT, what is the model number of the 3rd one? 

Generally speaking, the speed you can get from the adapter is about 30%-40% of the powerline link rate, combined with the interference and other factors, the actual speed is even lower. 

With TL-PA8010kit powered on only, what is the speed you can get from the adapter directly? Please click here to verify the wired negotiation speed.

Try to change another socket to plug them; Or you can move them into the same room first to do a comparison test. 

Please ensure that the firmware is up to date as well. 

Besides, you can refer to the instruction below to locate the issue. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2231/

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Powerline Speeds
2019-08-27 18:55:48 - last edited 2019-08-27 18:56:17

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply.

The wifi powerline is TP-Link TL-WPA4220KIT which I purchased originally but was only getting 20-50Mpbs hence why I purchased the gigabit one.

I have tried the 2 gigabits in the same room and its generally the same results. even if they are in the same socket next to each other.

I have tried it without the wifi powerline in place too - i guess its just down to the powerline link rate and interference?

Kind Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 2

Related Articles