possibility to give access to camera for guest

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-09-18 23:01:34
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: dont know, must be newest, just installed everything

Hello,

so far I was able to set up the Camera and everything is working fine. The camera is mostly used to check the baby over night. Now i would like to give access to this camera for guest / family outside my network. There is the possibility, to give them the access via the cloud, but this means they can rotate the camera and can listen to everything ( my mum would love this, but I am not a fan of this).  The same also for the Smartphone App: Only one perso at a time can access and you have full control. 

Is there anything I can give them, where they can only watch? I found a setting for the web UI of the camera. Just use the IP of the camera in your browser and access. Under Account I set up a guest account for only watching, but this works only if we are all in the same network of the camera ( so basicaly at home).

Is there something provided by TPlink for guest accesss?

Maybe the same as the cloud login but without any Admin rights ( listen voice, speak, rotate the camera ect...?)

I found some info for open a port and use Forwarding to give access directly to the camera, but i am too stupid to follow this...

Thank you and best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:possibility to give access to camera for guest
2019-09-19 08:12:34

@ClementeAlDente 

The NC450 supports remote control, you can share the cloud account for others to let them manage the camera.

While for the guest access, you can open the port for the camera on the main router, the port number is 443, the IP can be found under DHCP client list on the web UI of the main router. 

However it is still operationable.

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 647

Replies: 1

Related Articles