How to connect TL-PA7020P(UK) power line adapter to Virgin media hub 3.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-05 01:28:39 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:19:20
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_702191_160730_902

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered already, I couldn't find out via a quick search. 

I've recently switched to Virgin Media and received a Virgin Hub 3.0 router. I am unable to get the hub to connect with my TL-PA7020P(UK) powerline adaptors. The adaptors worked fine with my previous broadband company's router. To be precise, the Hub does not list the adapter as an connected device even though the adapter is plugged into one of the hub's ethernet sockets, and I can't connect to the network through the second powerline adapter. 

I've tried everything I can think of - powering adapters & hub off and on, rebooting, changing ethernet cable, trying to connect each of the two adapters in the kit to hub, checking that firmware on PA7020P adapters is up to date, resetting them to factory default, checking pairing, etc. 

The tp-link utility can see both PA7020P adapters and everything seems ok. 

Virgin Media says that they can do a remote fix - involving modifying the adapter configuration, but are quoting a ridiculous price for what I suspect is a 2 minute job. Also how can see the adapter remotely unless it is actually connecting properly to the hub? 

Is there a way that I can get the powerline setup to talk to the virgin hub ?  Thanks for any help !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to connect TL-PA7020P(UK) power line adapter to Virgin media hub 3.0-Solution
2019-10-09 11:19:11 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:19:20

@TechfreeWorld 

Hello, generally speaking, the powerline adapters are plug and play once you paired them. 

First, please ensure that the powerline led comes on on both units. 

Then connect one of the adapter to the Virgin Media hub by wired cable and connect your computer to the spare ethernet port to test whether you can get internet. 

If so, you can relocate the second adapter to boost the network.

If not, please click here to verify its IP address and gateway and show us a screenshot of the status-details page. 

Besides, you can reset the adpaters and repair them via the tpPLC utility again. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect TL-PA7020P(UK) power line adapter to Virgin media hub 3.0-Solution
2019-10-09 11:19:11 - last edited 2019-10-25 11:19:20

@TechfreeWorld 

Hello, generally speaking, the powerline adapters are plug and play once you paired them. 

First, please ensure that the powerline led comes on on both units. 

Then connect one of the adapter to the Virgin Media hub by wired cable and connect your computer to the spare ethernet port to test whether you can get internet. 

If so, you can relocate the second adapter to boost the network.

If not, please click here to verify its IP address and gateway and show us a screenshot of the status-details page. 

Besides, you can reset the adpaters and repair them via the tpPLC utility again. 

May it help and have a good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4590

Replies: 1

Related Articles