Random disconnection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-05 19:58:51
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.4 latest from today

Hello everybody,

I purchased this powerlines, connected them and initially everything seemd working fine.

Than i noticed random disconnection issues. It seems is completely disconnected for some minutes and than it starts working normally. The speed reported from tpPlc utility is about 160mbits so in theory my electric wires seems good. Both units are connected on the socket.

These powerlines are serving internet to an android set top box which basically has an iptv app. The iptv is working with HLS format and basically makes http requests and get some mpeg file.

The traffic needed by this box(hls) is less than 5mbits. The problem is that the box freezes the images for some seconds or it does not work at all for minutes. When it starts to not work i have tried also a simple speedtest by ookla and it reports network issues without even starting to make the test.

Connecting the box directly to the router works perfectly and never freezes so it is clear there is something with this powerlines.

Both units has the firmware upgraded to the latest version.

Any idea how to troubleshoot or should i turn it back?

Anybody has the same issue?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Random disconnection issues
2019-10-11 06:03:53

@albgen 

What is the led status of the TL-PA4010Pkit when the IPTV stops working? Especially the powerline led. 

In the meantime, please connect your computer to the TL-PA4010pkit and click here to verify its IP address and gateway.

And please verify whether you can ping the gateway of main router. 

Try to change another outlets to plug them. If possible, you can move them into the same room as the main router to test the stability. 

Good day.  

Options
2019-10-11 06:15:40

@Kevin_Z 

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I did tried another outlet on the same room but nothing changed. The same behaviour.

Tha led on the powerline are all 3 turned on green.

Just one note: I have noticed that sometimes the led on the middle blinks green and sometimes its just turned on green solid. In both cases i have seen the unit is working normally.

I did left a ping utility, which was pinging the gateway basically the router. With this trick i still have random disconections but less.

I'm thinking to change the cables befor returning the units. They have inserted cat5 cables when both units reports 169mbit of connection. This is my last thought.

Will make this test and you know

Options
2019-10-11 06:16:31

Powerssve option os disabled on both units

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 804

Replies: 3

Related Articles