Internet loosing after time on 5Ghz chans

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-14 19:49:26
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20181123 Rel. 56934

I got found another bug in 5Ghz band: after a while, the all 5ghz clients can't access to the internet, but signal strength gauges on them indicates good and full power. Connection to the internet restores after tap on client wifi on\off button, that makes reconnection to RE205. The time period is not determined, sometimes it happen after night of inactivity, sometimes after 2-3 hours. We check internet state at that moment on main router, he's fine.

Remark: I've turned RE205 to access point mode and stands him by cable, until repeating 56-128 channels unavailable in my instance.

Please, make a new firmware release, 5 Ghz band on RE205 V2 still not stable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet loosing after time on 5Ghz chans
2019-10-15 02:11:01

@Solarex 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

First, you mentione dthat the RE205 works in access point mode, do you connect it to the main router by ethernet cable to boost wifi signal? 

What is the led status of the RE204 when it lost connection? 

With your computer connected to the 5GHz, please click here to verify the IP address and gateway. 

In the meantime, try to ping the gateway of the main router and show us the ping result. 

Besides, please unplug the RE205 from the main router and connect your computer to that LAN port directly and verify whether you can get internet and the IP address obtained. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 1