Deco M9 Plus slow LAN speed - help me please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus slow LAN speed - help me please

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
30 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus slow LAN speed - help me please
2020-12-27 15:07:01

@Alexandre. 

Nice! My problem is low transfer speeds between devices connected on ETH to different decos. Would it be possible for you run a iperf3 test with 2 pc's connected to ETH on separate decos and post the results?

Options
2020-12-27 15:15:56

@johsam 

Sorry, that test would require me to tear down my home network first, I don't think my family members will appreciate it. 

To be clear, are you saying that you don't see problem with the transfer speed with the following configurations:

Desktop PC<---Ethernet--->Deco node<---Ethernet--->ISP Gateway

Desktop PC1<---Ethernet--->Deco node<---Ethernet--->Gigabit Switch<---Ethernet--->Desktop PC2 (or file server)

and only see problem with transfer speed when configuration is the following:

Desktop PC1<---Ethernet--->Deco node1<---Ethernet--->Gigabit Switch<---Ethernet--->Deco node2<---Ethernet--->Desktop PC2 (or file server)

Options
2020-12-28 10:10:38

@Alexandre. 

Heres a drawing of my setup. I "only" have a 250/100Mbit internet connection and when i run a speedcheck om my PC i get 250/100Mbit so no issue there. 

My problem is when i send files between my Nvidia Shield (or any other device om ny LAN) and my PC the transfer-speed maxes out at 250mbit. Both devices are connected to the decos at 1Gbps. 

Options
2021-01-09 00:03:21

@DK-Chris 

Adding my name to this problem. 

my M9 base unit connects through the modem at 200+ Mbps. 

My PC connects directly through the modem via ethernet at 200+ Mbps (single port modem, the same port as the Deco)

My PC reports my connection to the M9 at 1 Gb

However, throughput through the M9 my ethernet connected PC using the same cable is 92 Mbps.

Help?

Options
2021-02-11 15:49:38

@DK-Chris 

I had the same issue when using any of The secondary LAN ports on M9 plus slave nodes. Have 5 nodes back hauled to 1gb Ethernet switch, deco in AP mode.  WiFi gives close to same BW as provider. Have verified all cat6 cables and get 1gb connections when plugged directly into the walls with laptop, nvidia shields, Xbox, ps5 etc. ended up adding  5 port switches before the 4 slave nodes to get correct 1gb LAN speeds.Tried all the suggestions on this board and same poor LAN speeds of 100mbps prior to adding the switches to much wasted time dealing w the LAN speed issues.

Config Modem->Main Deco -> Main deco ->switch1, all slave decos back hauled  to switch 1, sw 2~> deco slave 1 and other wired devices get correct speeds, switch 3 same as sw2, sw4 same etc.  Sort of bs needed to add additional switches to get correct LAN speeds anywhere in the house that a wired connection preferred or needed.

No LAN speed issues since, also nice to have additional LAN ports in the rooms anyway. have as much of the house wired as possible. Currently no issues and happy with both wired and wireless speeds. Not happy w having to spend  money on switches 

Options
2021-07-17 05:21:37

@NOTHappyW_M9 

I was not aware that the decos had a primary and secondary lan-port and there no mentioning of this in the manual either so I haven´t given any thought about what ports my devices are connected to.

I need to test if this fixes my problem. I´m guessing the left port is primary and the right one is secondary? 

Options
2021-07-19 11:27:08

@johsam 

Hi, the two Ethernet ports from the same Deco are the same, no primary or secondary;

I guess NOTHappyW_M9 means the ports from main Deco are the primary and the ports from the satellite Deco are the secondary;

Could you please do me a favor since the original post is quite long and there have been half a year from your last thread, would you mind starting a new post with more details about your current issue?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-05 21:50:37

Add me to the list on this.  I have a 200Mbps plan from my ISP and when I do a speedtest from the Deco router itself, I consistently get around 210Mbps.  But my iMac or 2020 Macbook Air on ethernet can't get more than about 104.  Usually it's in the 80-85Mbps range.

Options
2022-02-12 17:03:43

@DK-Chris 

All of the above problem descriptions seem very similar to my context. A SpeedTest in the TP-link app gives me the 300 Mbits connection to my ISP. The speed that is available from the LAN port is consistently around 93 Mbits. So instead of a Gigabit output I'm getting just a 100Mbits output. 

Did anyone found a fix for this?

Options
2022-02-15 07:19:07

@Erik_ 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Could you please refer to this link to get some troubleshooting suggestions:

Deco LAN speed is capped to 100m/s

Options
Related Articles