smart light flashes red->blue 2 times and then goes back to yellow. cant connect with kasa at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

smart light flashes red->blue 2 times and then goes back to yellow. cant connect with kasa at all

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-19 17:06:36
Model: LB130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Formatted my phone and tried to connect to my smart bulb again. After doing hard reset. I cant connect at all using kasa. And the light bulb will go red to blue then red and blue again and after it goes to default yellow and kasa will try to connect and fails every time.

Thank u for ur help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:smart light flashes red->blue 2 times and then goes back to yellow. cant connect with kasa at all
2019-10-21 09:20:09

@hosam2k 

Please turn it on and off for 5 times at a slower rate to hard reset it.

After that, please follow the instruction below to set it up with the main router's wifi. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1233/

Still the same, try to change another smart phone to install it and tell me the model number and OS version of the original one. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
Re:smart light flashes red->blue 2 times and then goes back to yellow. cant connect with kasa at all
2019-10-22 17:00:22

@Kevin_Z Thank you for repling .

i tired to turn it off 5 times 3 times now and each time the issue still isnt fixed.

i have note 8 with one UI OS.

i tired my wifes phone that is an Iphone and its the same issue.

after i choose to add the smart bulb and choose the network ,Kasa will be stuck in the loop "connecting smart bulb to your home network"

and after 20 to 30 min it says setup failed please try again.

Options
2019-10-24 06:47:46

@hosam2k 

Thanks for your explanation. 

When it ges to " connecting smart bulb to your home network" page, you can go to settings-wifi page on your smart phone and connect to the smart bulb's wifi manually; then back to the kasa app and select " I have connected to the TP-Link device manually". 

Furthermore, you can change another lamp base to give it a go.

Still the same, you can contact the tech support to verify the warranty. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2370

Replies: 3