TL-PA4010KIT Can't get detected by TL utility and suffers random disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-10-28 15:48:29
Model: TL-PA4010 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

Could not figure out the what is wrong here. My adapters work as they should out of the box (Win 10). But at randomly, without any change of settings at least once a day, the connection drops until I change the plugs or reset them, which is weird. I bought is a wifi replacement, so I can have firm interrupted signal for things like streaming. This is quite horrific as I cannot presume when it will happen next. 

Even worse is a fact that I tried to remedy this problem using TL Utility by perhaps installing V3 firmware (cannot otherwise find it for EU version on internet, just the US), but it does not detect neither adapter despite being connected to the network all the time. 
I tried replug them, I tried reinstal the utility, pair - re-pair, and 15secs hard reset on both adapters. Nothing works. Even tried to switch off my AV program real time protection to see, but to no avail. 

Any effective help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 
Sx 

Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-PA4010KIT Can't get detected by TL utility and suffers random disconnects
2019-10-29 03:30:52

@SixThe9th 

We will get some information to do further analysis first. 

For the unstable connection issue:

1. What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

2. What is the light status of the TL-PA4010KIT when the connection drops out? 

Please click here to check the IP address and default gateway with your device connected to the powerline adapter.

3. At that time, can you get internet from the main router directly bypass the adapter?

4. Besides, you can refer to the instruction below  to narrow down the root cause. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2230/

For the tpPLC utility issue:

1. Please connect the computer to the TL-PA4010kit directly and open the tpPLC utility.

2. Try to ping the IP of the two powerline adapters from the connected PC.

3. Try to disconnect the powerline adapter and the main router and connect the PC to the adapter directly.

Any updates, please let us know.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-11-04 12:03:16

@Kevin_Z  

Hi, thanks for your brisk reply. 

So for the connection issues

1. I am using TP-Link wireless router to which are wirelessly connected all the mobile phones and one laptop device. Main PC is connected via Powerline. 

2.&3. When the connection drops out - it only drops out on Powerline circuit, the wireless devices work normally. All 3 LEDs are green. 

4. I tried to use the diagram, but as I said, LEDs are consistently green when the connection drops out this way. 

Now, I tried to look for the firmware, but there is none for V3 (EU) version. 

tpPLC utility problem, strangely enough there was no mention anywhere apart this post https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1086/ I found accidentaly, that in order to use the utility, you need to use WinPcap !!!! That is by now discontinued and does not work with Win10. However, I found nMap instead which I installed separately and that did the trick. Now the utility finds the Powerlines correctly. I suggest, you make the effort to make this information more clear and visible to potential users as I have found numerous posts with this very issues without any effective response from your side. 

Neverthless, I hope the utlitiy would have in-built auto-updater that would download automatically new firmware on its own. 

Options
2019-11-06 05:57:30

@SixThe9th 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that you figured out the tpPLC utility issue. 

While the Blue UI utility is the previous version, you can downlad the new one with new logo to give it a go also.

For the unstable connection issue, you can plug them into the same room to test the stability; 

And you can change the wireless settings to optimize the wireless performance. 

For more information, you can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2230/

Good day. 

Options
2019-11-06 10:40:39

@Kevin_Z 

1. I don't understand what you mean by 'New Logo' and old utility. The logo of the utility I am using corresponds with the logo used on your site and the blue coloured UI the aqua blue scheme also used on your site. All download links I tried point to this and this only version. If there is a more modern version, why didn't you attach a link to it? It is just confusing otherwise. 

2. That's another a bit generic response. Why would I want to deal with wireless, when wireless is not even discussed here, we are talking Powerline, that has nothing to do with wireless. Plus that diagram you sent me is in German, so I had to browse quite a good deal to find EN version of the same. Plus I already saw it and as I said before, the LEDS are not yellow nor red, always green even when the connection drops out. 

Options
2019-11-07 10:48:35

@Kevin_Z
 here is my adapter config btw. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1813

Replies: 5

Related Articles