DHCP in Client Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP in Client Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP in Client Mode
DHCP in Client Mode
2019-11-12 22:31:03 - last edited 2019-11-13 20:09:02
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: TL-WR802N(EU)_V4_190428

Hey, I configured my TL-WR802N to connect via client mode to my WIFi router. I also used the standard setting "SMART IP (DHCP)", because the help in the Quick Setup said:

Choosing Smart IP to get IP address from remoter DHCP server, or choosing Static IP to config IP address manually.

In the LAN settings, the help says a similar thing, namely

If you select the type of smart IP(DHCP), the DHCP server in this device will not startup.

But when I connect my PC via ethernet to the TL-WR802N, and request an IP with DHCP, I get the IP address 192.168.0.101, whereas my WiFi router gives out adresses of the type 192.168.2.101. Also, the TL-WR802N shows me a DHCP Client List. So obviously, the DHCP server is running. Also, I don't have any connection to the internet.

If I give my PC the static IP 192.168.2.11, and configure the WiFi Router as the gateway, then I do have an internet connection. But my PC is not visible from the rest of the network.

Is it possible to configure the TL-WR802N in such a way, that my PC will get an IP address from the WiFi router via DHCP? Do I have to choose the "Static IP" option?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2490

Replies: 0

Related Articles