Web interface timeout on tp-link devices

Web interface timeout on tp-link devices

23 Reply
Re:Web interface timeout on tp-link devices
2023-11-20 01:50:43

Hi TP-Link
Please add me to this Web-interface timeout request.
I also find that I have to re login many times...
A muuuch longer timeout would be great.
Configurable (to 30 or up to 60 mins would be great).
Please...

Options
2023-11-22 12:34:19

So I've been watching this thread for almost four years, hoping for something to happen. Whenever I get a notification of a reply, I wonder if today is finally the day that we get a helpful response from TP-Link. But no, it never is, it's always yet another person with the exact same issue.

I'm upgrading my broadband to full fibre next week and will be shopping around for a new router modem.

Based on the pathetic lack of support and the complete deafness from TP-Link on this issue, I will NOT be buying any more of their products. If they can't (won't) fix something as simple and trivial as this, then god knows how they would handle anything more substantial.

TP-Link AC1900 - Archer VR900 v3
Options
2023-12-03 05:34:11

@alan2001 I think there was an accidental fix to this issue, that was promptly undone in the next version of the firmware.  In November I upgraded to version 1.2.5 for AX55. A side effect of that was the timeouts disappeared and I didn't have to constantly log back in. Today I made the mistake of upgrading to 1.2.6, which not only brought back the timeouts but it feels like they're even shorter.  I downgraded back to 1.2.5 and the timeouts went away again. Dont know if I'm affected by what 1.2.6 fixes, but ad long as the timeouts are gone I don't care.

Options