TP Link Switches, Plugs, and Outlets going into "Local Only"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-26 19:13:13
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.10

I have 19 HS220's.  Additionally I have 10 HS200's, 4 HS210's, 5 KP200's, and 4 plugs.  I installed them back in September 2019.  Everything was working with Alexa, schedules, and remote control on the app while i was away,  I did the update on the KASA app and updated did the firmware on the devices listed in the :settings>>firmware update option from the Kasa app.  Once i did the updates, everything got messed up.  First issue: when i open the app, all the devices appear but i don't see the power on/off option that usually appeared to the right of the device name and they say "local only".  When i swipe down on the app the devices start to show up and "local only" goes away.  While in local only, Alexa does not see the devices and I can't control individual devices or groups.  After they start to reappear everything works but after 5 minutes they seem to go back into local only mode.  I have invested thousands of dollars in these switches and extremely frustrated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Switches, Plugs, and Outlets going into "Local Only"
2019-12-27 08:12:31

@borroto2512 

Hello, we will do some troubleshooting first to locate this issue and try to fix it. 

1. May I know if all of them have the same issue after the APP/firmware updates? Or just some of  them? Please list some examples of the affected devices, including the model number, hardware version, firmware version and MAC address.

Note: You can message us these information privately. 

2. What is the current Kasa APP version? And do you remember the previous one? If you remembered the previous firmware version of the affected device, please tell me also. 

3. What is the model number of your main router? Is there any changes happened on the router? Like wireless settings or advanced features ( parental control)

4. Besides, considering you mentioned that there is no on/off option, please show us a picture of the devices page on the KASA APP. 

Thanks in advance and have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1283

Replies: 1

Related Articles