tpCamera and Kasa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tpCamera and Kasa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tpCamera and Kasa
tpCamera and Kasa
2019-12-29 18:08:30 - last edited 2019-12-29 18:09:46
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I have a tpLink NC450 cloud camera and I also have Kasa smart lighting. I access these through two different apps: Kasa and tpCamera.

I'm just wondering why the apps are separate and why the NC450 is not compatible with Kasa even though it's the same brand? Also the Kasa Smart Lighting is compatible with Google Home but again the NC450 is not?

It just seems quite strange how they are the same brand but accessed through different platforms?

Any responses much appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:tpCamera and Kasa
2019-12-30 11:56:06

@jmdm_1989 

Hello, the NC450 is the cloud camera, we can access it both locally and remotely; while it does not support cloud storage; and it have been released for years, not a smart home device. 

While for the kasa smart home devices, like smart plug, smart bulb, they can be managed by the kasa app only, no web UI available; except that, they supports the third party, including Alexa and Google. They can work together to make your life smarter. 

Even though they have the same manucfaturer, but there is a lot difference between the product form and the application situation. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 844

Replies: 1

Related Articles