RE450 Range Extender v3 's Power light is blinking continously

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-11 11:59:31
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I am having problem with the TPLink RE450 Range Extender v3. After resetting it according the official site instructions, all of a sudden the LED power light started blinking,(according to the website it would blink for a minute or so) but it is almost 10 hours now and the blinking has not stopped. I tried resetting it again but nothing happened. I tried to access the extender using the Ethernet port but couldn't connect either. I even tried the 30-30-30 reset routine, but that did not worked either.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Options
6 Reply
Re:RE450 Range Extender v3 's Power light is blinking continously
2020-01-14 11:26:39

@AvA007 

Hello, try to power cycle it first; then with it plugged into the wall socket, hold the reset hole for 15s and verify whether it works.

If still the same, I'm afraid that there is not much we can do; you can contact the retailer or local tech support to get a replacement if qualified. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-15 10:14:56
Hello Kevin_Z, I have tried the above method too. It did not work. If you have any other suggestions please do tell me otherwise. Thanks anyways.
Options
2020-01-16 07:18:49
I have tried the above method too. It did not work
Options
2020-01-17 09:44:07

@AvA007 @xemdaga 

Hello, thanks for your reply. 

If the RE450 is still the same and cannot be fixed by the troubleshooting methods mentioned above, there may have something wrong. 

You can contact the retailer or the local tech support with the serial number and proof of purchase to get a replacement if qualified. 

Good day. 

Options
2021-10-14 18:11:23

@Kevin_Z  why is this defective product still being sold? TP Link needs to recall this model from retailers.

I have been told the same thing. It not an acceptable way to trade. The only point the the device was even detected was with the WPS method and after that it asked for a password I never set. The only option was to reset rendering the extender useless. This is a hardware issue with TP Link.

Options
2021-10-18 08:50:52 - last edited 2021-10-18 08:51:11

@c00   If power led keeps blinking and will not response to a factory reset, please check if  range extender is still broadcast a WiFi signal, if not, it could be a defective unit. 

So far we did not get any known hardware issue with RE450 range extender, so  it is suggested to contact the local retailer or local support check device warranty for the certain unit. 

RESET: With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button until most Leds flash once.

If range extender responds to a reset or still brocasts the SSID,  please install it from scratch from web page or Tether app. 

For your question with the password required after WPS process, if the signal LEDs/ Wi-Fi Leds light up after WPS process, that means RE connects to router successfully.

As range extender uses the same security as main router, please put in router's Wi-Fi password to connect to Wi-Fi of range extender.

Options

Information

Helpful: 10

Views: 19446

Replies: 6